Sign Google's Anti-SOPA Petition

Started by Corrosive, January 18, 2012, 11:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corrosive

Millions of Americans oppose SOPA and PIPA because these bills would censor the Internet and slow economic growth in the U.S.

Two bills before Congress, known as the Protect IP Act (PIPA) in the Senate and the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) in the House, would censor the Web and impose harmful regulations on American business. Millions of Internet users and entrepreneurs already oppose SOPA and PIPA.

The Senate will begin voting on January 24th. Please let them know how you feel. Sign this petition urging Congress to vote NO on PIPA and SOPA before it is too late:

https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/
"私は高速ブロックとセクシーな女性が好き"
"Put some stank on those blocks."

Magnanimous

I briefly considered asking HD to join in the blackout on the 18th... but then I forgot. Oh well.
Best 40 Lines: 37:74 (162.18 TPM) on NullpoMino

Corrosive

[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/395844_2734215549095_1068502478_2339540_951097946_n.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/395844_2734215549095_1068502478_2339540_951097946_n.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]
"私は高速ブロックとセクシーな女性が好き"
"Put some stank on those blocks."

baseballboy4296

Quote from: Magnanimous
I briefly considered asking HD to join in the blackout on the 18th... but then I forgot. Oh well.
haha so did i, until blink remembered an hour and a half ago. but it was useless by then.

Rosti_LFC

A HD blackout in support of SOPA would have been a complete waste of time. It's only worth it if the site is big enough for it to be reasonably notable news.

XaeL

It's not even worth it.. the point was to spread the idea to people who are ignorant. HD is pretty smart 8D

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

pumpupthejam

I think it's funny asking people to sign something to show they oppose censorship on a forum that indulges in the very same thing.

Rosti_LFC

It's not the opposition of censorship in principle - it's the opposition of such all-encompassing, wide-reaching and poorly-written censorship. It would be the equivalent of HD banning all uses of the term "Tetris" because it's a protected trademark that we're not licensed to use, which is totally different to the level of censorship on the site now.

thebard

That's not even to mention the provisions of SOPA which exclude it from due process, meaning any site could be blacklisted, even if the government doesn't have a reason.  That's the worst part right there; considering it could be used to remove any content under the pretense of "anti-piracy".
Oh hey, have you played my new game? It's like Tetris, only instead of controlling the blocks you just watch as the screen fills up faster and faster, and the only button you have is labelled "Oh crap oh crap".

virulent

fixed your link there corro..it was blank before..not sure if anyone caught that :s
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]
[/div]

ManOfMiracles

SOPA can't pass, too many people oppose it.
MiracleMan