Hi, Aedan here.

Started by AedanJY, January 16, 2012, 10:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AedanJY

Hi, I'm Kelvin Aedan Chan from Malaysia.

i started playing tetris since May 2011 on TB Facebook. so as of this date, i've been playing for approximately 8months. i was actually introduced to tetris by my girlfriend who has stopped playing for some time. but i played frequently and started to motivate myself into improving after coming across SirJeivus and hebo_MAi, whom i am sure most of you already know.

i currently play on TB, TOP, and Nullpo. but the last two, i only play for the sprints. i dont know if it's lack of talent or what, but after having played so long i am only able to muster an average of slightly over a minute for all these platforms. my best TB Sprint record being 53sec. in comparison to the many elites here, i am sure my sprint time means little, but rest assured, i do practise everyday for the purpose of improving.

i actually visit HD forums every other day and notice that the members here are quite close-knit, especially those who participate in tournaments. with my current abilities, i am far from qualified from sparring against anyone here and i hope that, one day, i can truly be accepted here as one of you. just a side note, i'd like to bring up DAS44 [EDIT : joeybeans] whom i bumped into on Facebook, and i found it really endearing that she took the initiative to communicate with me after she accepted my friend request. i just hope that the person i bumped into was really DAS44 [EDIT : joeybeans] . lmao. anyway, cheers to HD and all its members.

coolmaninsano

DAS44 is a really nice girl.

P.S. Hi.

AedanJY

Quote from: coolmaninsano
DAS44 is a really nice girl.

P.S. Hi.

yes she is. i couldn't agree more. i'm just wondering if my mentioning her name here in my introduction might actually scare her off somehow.

Beastin_Shen

welcome to hd!

das is my woman back off
<div style="overflow: hidden; background-image: url(http://harddrop.com/design/pic/badges/bg_black.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 285px; height: 80px;position:relative;"><span style="width:60px;height:80px;float:left;overflow: hidden;margin-top:10px;margin-left:10px;"><a href="http://hard

AedanJY

Quote from: Beastin_Shen
welcome to hd!

das is my woman back off

i meant no harm. *hands up*

BARNCHAK

err, i thought DAS44 was a guy

coolmaninsano

Clearly a girl.
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://harddrop.com/file/pic/gallery/3555.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://harddrop.com/file/pic/gallery/3555.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

DAS44, t
its or gtfo.

StS

Hey, good to see new folks popping up fairly frequently here! We currently have a few relatively new members (myself included) who are about your speed, so you should definitely hang about and see if we can have a good game on Nullpo or TOP.

Also, Malaysia. Mmmm, love your country! What part are you from?
Sandal that Stinks

Current 40L (Nullpo): 35.32s

AedanJY

actually, i just heard that DAS44 is actually a guy who's using the picture of the girl that i came across in facebook. oh well.

Quote from: StS
Hey, good to see new folks popping up fairly frequently here! We currently have a few relatively new members (myself included) who are about your speed, so you should definitely hang about and see if we can have a good game on Nullpo or TOP.

Also, Malaysia. Mmmm, love your country! What part are you from?

haha. i never knew that the fact that i'm from malaysia would be of any interest. i'm from Penang. it's an island but is also a state by itself. proves its worth.    i'm really happy to be from Penang even though it might just be a name to you guys. please feel free to forward any questions about me.

XaeL

Welcome to harddrop! DAS44 is a really sweet girl  she showed me many things in tetris.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

AedanJY

Quote from: XaeL
Welcome to harddrop! DAS44 is a really sweet girl  she showed me many things in tetris.

hi, xael! i saw that you're the player of the month. congratulations on that. i guess she really is a girl, then. i read somewhere that you're actually offering tips on how to play better? you might see me more often for that reason.  

StS

Quote from: AedanJY
haha. i never knew that the fact that i'm from malaysia would be of any interest. i'm from Penang. it's an island but is also a state by itself. proves its worth.    i'm really happy to be from Penang even though it might just be a name to you guys. please feel free to forward any questions about me.

Lol, my mom's from Singapore, so I've been round that corner of the world fairly often. Also, most of my friends at uni are Malaysians, so it sort of feels like a second home. And the food is gorgeous, of course.

I visited Penang some 8-ish years ago! Only for a few days, though, so I don't remember much about it (except for the awesome private hotel beach that we snuck into! ). Should really visit again!

Edit: I take from your profile pic that you're Chinese?
Sandal that Stinks

AedanJY

Quote from: StS
Lol, my mom's from Singapore, so I've been round that corner of the world fairly often. Also, most of my friends at uni are Malaysians, so it sort of feels like a second home. And the food is gorgeous, of course.

I visited Penang some 8-ish years ago! Only for a few days, though, so I don't remember much about it (except for the awesome private hotel beach that we snuck into! ). Should really visit again!

Edit: I take from your profile pic that you're Chinese?

yes, i am Chinese. did the tiny eyes give me away? rofl. penang 8 years ago is really really different from what it is now. hey, if you ever think of coming over to Penang, please do contact me. some way or another. i'll try my best to bring you around.  and the food here really is irreplaceable. i might have to move to another state for academic reasons soon and my main worry is the food. haha.

Perplexity

Hi welcome to hard drop!
<div style="overflow: hidden; background-image: url(http://harddrop.com/design/pic/badges/bg_black.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 285px; height: 85px;position:relative;"><span style="width:60px;height:85px;float:left;overflow: hidden;margin-top:10px;margin-left:10px;"><a href="http://hard

StS

Quote from: AedanJY
yes, i am Chinese. did the tiny eyes give me away? rofl. penang 8 years ago is really really different from what it is now. hey, if you ever think of coming over to Penang, please do contact me. some way or another. i'll try my best to bring you around.  and the food here really is irreplaceable. i might have to move to another state for academic reasons soon and my main worry is the food. haha.

The eyes, and the fact that you're from Penang.  Thanks for the offer, I might just take you up on it! Not this year, though... Also, really? Is the food that different from the rest of Malaysia?
Sandal that Stinks