Fantasy Basketball

Started by pawnzo, December 05, 2011, 12:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawnzo

Its fantasy time for basketball! Season starts on the Dec 25th.

So far I talked to a few people and they showed interest in starting a league for the HD community. If you're interested in playing; post a response and we can see if we actually have enough people to start one. Most of the people I know who are playing will be beginners so any skill range would be fine.  

Let me know

Blink

Sure I'll play, should be fun.

coolmaninsano

I'm in.

My team will be called the Little Rock L Blocks.

Paul676

Do you have a link to the league? I'll have a go. (I know nothing about basketball, but why not!)
               Tetris Belts!

pawnzo

Quote from: Paul676
Do you have a link to the league? I'll have a go. (I know nothing about basketball, but why not!)
depending on how many players ill probably set up either a yahoo league or a espn, well we kinda want you to try, problem w/ fantasy leagues is once ppl stop worrying about it it stops being fun. but since we're short on players and its all in good fun i'l l count u as 4 ;p

aaron suggested espn so ill make something there tomorrow

coolmaninsano

Yes. ESPN is the best because I like it and what I say goes. /sarcasm

I've never used Yahoo, but would prefer ESPN because I don't want to change.

Also Mr. virulent needs to get in here.

salami_pastrami

I like basketball.
I have no idea how fantasy basketball works but count me in?

coolmaninsano

You pick NBA players for your team. Based on their statistics (points, assists, blocks, everything) you gain or lose points. Some leagues are a head to head of teams weekly, others are cumulative points throughout the season. This league will not work if we don't have committed, understanding members.

Paul676

I'm so gonna lose

I'm neither committed nor understanding

I'm always game for a go based on last year's records and player age, but I wouldn't keep it up to date if everyone's doing transfers every week.
               Tetris Belts!

arf

Redrum666

i wouldnt mind doing it. ive done a few before .... i would rather do yahoo havent tryed espn before

pawnzo

Alright I made an ESPN league, lets give this a shot

http://games.espn.go.com/fba/leagueoffice?leagueId=76551

I kept everything default we can change things as we see fit, but as this is most of us first time I left it default. I also set it to H2h instead of ROTO, I have the anticipation that Head2Head would be funner for us  ^_^

In order to join, from what I gather, you need to PM me your email or post it here (if u want everybody to have your email) then I send invites from the eSPN. We can also set what time you guys want to do the Live draft. Live draft should take around an hour or so so let me know what time frames are good for you

EDIT: A few people showed interest in making it H2H so we'll make it head to head Unless

salami_pastrami

Sounds good to me.
My afternoons are free from like 7 till I decide I should go to sleep.

coolmaninsano

It really isn't that time consuming, at all.

You set your players, and your team locks for the day when the first NBA game of the day starts (around 4 PM Pacific on weekdays, 10 AM Pacific on weekends). You can even set your team seven days in advance, if need be.

salami_pastrami

I'm excited. Let's get on this.