What to practice..

Started by bartnova, December 01, 2011, 08:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bartnova

Right now I am only gold with 2 stars on tetris battle. Lately I've been trying to learn finesse from http://harddrop.com/wiki/0G_60_Hz_SRS_Movement_Finesse It's quite hard remembering it all. Also previously I could send about 60 lines max with back to back t spins. However I was very slow at making the stack and had a low variety of openings. What should I practice? I'm trying to learn finesse and using both spins right now. Should I try learn t-spin at the same time?

coolmaninsano

Quote from: bartnovaShould I try learn t-spin at the same time?
Yes. Lots and lots of practice will make perfect!  

bartnova

Quote from: coolmaninsano
Yes. Lots and lots of practice will make perfect!  

Woah thanks for the fast reply. How do you recommend I practice?

coolmaninsano

Quote from: bartnovaWoah thanks for the fast reply. How do you recommend I practice?
All modes, but I recommend not playing Tetris Battle and playing NullpoMino. Once you have NullpoMino, I suggest playing netplay, Line Race, Dig Race, and Dig Challenge.

bartnova

All modes, but I recommend not playing Tetris Battle and playing NullpoMino. Once you have NullpoMino, I suggest playing netplay, Line Race, Dig Race, and Dig Challenge.

Playing as fast as I can go or play slow and learn finesse and t spin?

coolmaninsano

Quote from: bartnovaPlaying as fast as I can go or play slow and learn finesse and t spin?
Play slow to get it down, and then speed up when you learn finesse and good T-Spins.

bartnova

Play slow to get it down, and then speed up when you learn finesse and good T-Spins.

Can you play with me on nullpomino ?

coolmaninsano

Quote from: bartnovaCan you play with me on nullpomino ?
Yes, I'm online now.

bartnova

Yes, I'm online now.

How do I connect to harddrop? It wont let me only to nullpo.it.cx

Paradox

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--] slow and learn finesse and t spin? [/quote]
yes that exactly

if only i did that, i'm too lazy to slow down and perfect things -_-
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

Lucho

I play nullpo Practice mode sometimes. No score, no time, no pressure. Playing against the AI is good training too (if you don't have anyone else to play, of course)
[div align=\\\"center\\\"][spoiler]
Funky Ruskie[/div][div align=\\\"center\\\"] [/div][/spoiler]

XaeL

harddrop sever does not work, you shoudl only conenct to nullpo server/.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

bartnova

Why does it feel like I am not improving at all? I play play play play play... but no matter what I don't see any improvement? I send the same lines the same rank nothing and it's been weeks of playing non-stop

What am I doing wrong? Am I just naturally bad at tetris?

Lucho

No, there is really no secret, just practice. Try watching replays of good players to see what they do, how do they play. Don't rush, everyone has is own pace. I'm just a bad player here, but these things have helped me
[div align=\\\"center\\\"][spoiler]
Funky Ruskie[/div][div align=\\\"center\\\"] [/div][/spoiler]

Alexsweden

If you are too impatient to play slow and do everything perfectly try to do it a peice by peice
Play normaly but each time you get an I-peice for example - make certain you do it correctly! . but the rest at normal speed. This way you could still play vs. people and stuff like that since you aren't really that much slower. But fastest way is to nail everything down at once I would guess