Nullpomino exercise modes

Started by belzebub, November 26, 2011, 06:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caffeine

Quote from: Ravendarksky
After all my Grade Mania 3 SRS practice this is fine for me. I can get 39.XX which is close to my normal 40L time. I was playing VS with a ruleset like this for a few weeks to help me use the previews and finesse (although I use my own finesse, I tap back most things.
Very nice.

belzebub

Quote from: caffeine
Very nice.

My best sprint time without finesse faults is 2:10 :s

@Caffeine: I'm thinking of adding that ghost rule standard in my mod, I think it's great way to practice finesse. I found that after a while you start somehow to be able to play like this, really cool in fact!

joeyjoejoe

Belzebub, have you made all these modes available to the public yet? I would love to play them.

Thanks!

retep

Ya, I have been using this for some time now, really love it, the finesse detection thing helped me immensely, although I would like to make a suggestion. If it is possible (or easily do-able) could you perhaps make the finesse detector actually know the optimal key presses rather than simply the number of key presses?
I never really looked at the wiki articles for finesse, I glanced and thought it was over complicating things and it would be better to just try and figure out ever time the glass shattering sound occurred and tried to figure out what I should actually do. I ended up developing some somewhat bad habits by doing this though as I was placing pieces with minimal key presses, but like I mentioned, not completely optimally.
For example, from http://harddrop.com/wiki/0G_60_Hz_SRS_J_Movement_Finesse for 2a instead of doing what the wiki mentions and simply tapping left twice I usually DAS to wall and tap right, which is slower due to the DAS delay and having to wait/react to the tetrimino hitting the wall to tap right.

Anyway, I also really like the idea you mentioned you were working on. I think it would be really cool to have that combo practice mode with specific pieces and garbage holes to fill. I actually went to practice and disabled all pieces but one to try and focus on learning finesse for that piece and kinda wished while doing so that something like that was available.

XaeL

Quote from: caffeine
My best zero-fault game so far is 33 seconds.

Here's a challenge for you. Can anyone beat my "no shadow & no active piece, 0 gravity" record of 36 seconds? In order to do this,
  • Open ruleeditor.bat
  • Open a rule that you already use.
  • Change the rule name.
  • Uncheck "Ghost."
  • Click on the Spawn tab.
  • Click on the Y Spawn Offset sub-tab.
  • Change all the values from 0 to -4 (negative four, not positive). This will cause the piece to spawn 4 rows above the playfield, so you won't be able to see it.
  • File > Save as > newfilename.rul
Use this rule in Nullpo and try 40 lines now. You won't be able to see the active piece or the shadow, so you have to rely completely on your confidence in your finesse for placing pieces. Only after you hard drop will you know for sure if you moved it correctly.
zero-fault -> 31.
Invisible stuff -> 40

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

tjenyao

Quote from: XaeL
zero-fault -> 31.
Invisible stuff -> 40

Yayyy  XaeL is practising finesse :O I'm gonna practise it as well then   will try to get a zero-fault+invisible game in a couple months then!

XaeL

Quote from: tjenyao
Yayyy  XaeL is practising finesse :O I'm gonna practise it as well then   will try to get a zero-fault+invisible game in a couple months then!
no. old result from ages ago. I barely get sub 35 nowadays.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

joeyjoejoe

So, I am still wondering, are all the modes discussed at the beginning of this thread available to the public? I'm talking about the combinations line race that gives you lots of L's and S's and O's to get better at combos, and the I-only mode where you practice optimal finesse for the I piece in various columns, and the infinite garbage mode... and other practice modes Belzebub discussed...

Can these be downloaded somewhere??

FireTstar

Can anyone explain how you download the mod? I tried clicking download and the file won't open, how do you download this?
Tetris Friends: FireTstar_ (on most)

NullpoMino, Tetris Online Poland, and Cultris II: Inferno (on sometimes)

Short Term Goals: Sub 35, piece preview

Long Term Goals: Sub 30, APM and LPM 50+, learn perfect clears, master T-Spins, 0 finesse errors (consistentl

UJS3

You followed the instructions here?
The mediafire downloads work for me. Perhaps check your permissions/ad blocking.

FireTstar

It keeps on saying windows cannot open file
Tetris Friends: FireTstar_ (on most)

NullpoMino, Tetris Online Poland, and Cultris II: Inferno (on sometimes)

Short Term Goals: Sub 35, piece preview

Long Term Goals: Sub 30, APM and LPM 50+, learn perfect clears, master T-Spins, 0 finesse errors (consistentl

UJS3

After downloading you should have list.rar and NullpoMino.jar files. Extract the .rar with a program like winrar or 7zip. Then move the list folder you get to NullpoMino\config. The .jar file just needs to be moved to the NullpoMino folder. You don't need to open any files.