Plain harddrop tapping speed of two hands in NP

Started by belzebub, November 23, 2011, 08:28:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

belzebub

I harddrop with my left thumb on my spacebar. I tried this in NullPomino:

- when the game starts, just harddrop all pieces as fast as you can until you top out

My best results are:

right hand: 9.6 pps
left hand: 6.5 pps

Seems like my left hand-eye coordination is worse then my right hand (i'm right handed).

Anybody else wants to try to compare?

Paul676

My right hand was consistently faster than my left hand as well. Something to think about, whether your faster hand should be used for movement, dropping or rotation, or what combination of the two. I use my slower hand for dropping and my faster hand for rotation.

We could make this fun and do it for different fingers... my fingers were the same as each other for each hand, except my pinkies which fluctuated more between better and worse than the rest.
               Tetris Belts!

NoManual

My hands seemed pretty much the same. Around 7 pps with left thumb and around 8 with the right.

9.5 was really high! :O
40L = 28.71
My Blog

belzebub

That 9.6 is with my index finger in fact. My other fingers are much slower, 7.9 is my max with my right thumb. My left thumb is the same speed as my left index finger, probably because I use it for harddrop in my games.

caffeine

I use my right index finger to hard drop.
Best I could do was a 12 piece top out in 0.98 seconds (12.24TPS).

ManOfMiracles

yeah, my right arm is consistently stronger than my left
MiracleMan

XaeL

left (what i use normally) = 10.64
right(whta i use for typing) = 11.42

both first try mind you. Only retards use their thumbs for tetris when you have a keyboard.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

coolmaninsano

Left hand: 60.000 PPS
Right hand: 60.000 PPS

[hide]Sonic drop + 0 lock delay[/hide]

Paul676

+1 to Aaron's post count

[hide]+0 to Aaron's posts which contribute anything to the thread count[/hide]
               Tetris Belts!

Paradox

i'm faster with my dominant hand, no surprise there
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

freakwithfire55

my best is only 55pps. how did you get 60 aaron and paul

Paul676

Tetris Belts!

electrofry

uh i dont know why, but maybe cos im left handed. but i got

12.4 on my left hand
and 9.6 on my right hand.
when the going gets tough, i get going.

coolmaninsano

Quote from: Paul676+0 to Aaron's posts which contribute anything to the thread count
Shut up, it's not like you're the closest to me in post count or anything…  

Anyway not to derail the thread (DarthDuck's reaction to this:      ), I can swear I've gotten 60.0 before, I guess not. Probably was mixing it up with the 60 during the game, which the last piece slows down. Anyway, 55.384617 pieces per second (same score for both hands):
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x347/AaronHD/Tetris/81ab714c.png\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x347/AaronHD/Tetris/81ab714c.png\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

belzebub

Quote from: XaeL
left (what i use normally) = 10.64
right(whta i use for typing) = 11.42

both first try mind you. Only retards use their thumbs for tetris when you have a keyboard.

I actually use my index finger instead of my thumb, I was probably a bit confused by typing.

I'm quite impressed i really can't get +10pps. What kind of keyboard do you use?

Quote from: Paul676
My right hand was consistently faster than my left hand as well. Something to think about, whether your faster hand should be used for movement, dropping or rotation, or what combination of the two. I use my slower hand for dropping and my faster hand for rotation.

We could make this fun and do it for different fingers... my fingers were the same as each other for each hand, except my pinkies which fluctuated more between better and worse than the rest.

I do the same, my left hand for harddrop and right for movement and rotate. Only left rotate is also my left hand. I was actually thinking (because of the speed difference) to put harddrop under my down arrow so it's more in sync with the other movements

When Lapsi goes 5pps it actually starts to be quite difficult already for me to just harddrop consistently at that speed.

With my pinkies I only go 5pps, and that's because my whole hand is moving, not only the pinkie.