Reacting to your opponent

Started by yazichima, August 31, 2011, 09:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkwon23

i first analyze my opponent and try to find their playing pattern by going easy so i can concentrate a little bit more on their playing field. I would also analyze the garbage i receive to check for consistency and how well they ds (i check for this by seeing how mixed/continuous they are), and other things  so i can verify how the opponent plays. Then once i find out their pattern i would aim for particular moves and keep it that way if it works. For ex... if my opponent is defensive i would aim for consistency and maintain my garbage so it is not straight most of the time ... then try to spike using combo then some b2bs. But if he is offensive, I would defend myself by keeping low and consistent and strike at him when there is an opportunity.

pumpupthejam

Quote from: jkwon23
But if he is offensive, I would defend myself by keeping low and consistent and strike at him when there is an opportunity.

I think keeping low and consistent is the way to go, especially against higher rated opponents.   This works pretty well for me in the platinum rooms.

Alexsweden

I always try to see what type of player my opponent and react to it. But during game I dont really watch at the opponent screen.

But all of that doesnt matter as I will ST stack anyways