Betting with tetris friends rubies

Started by ChicagoDog, August 02, 2011, 11:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChicagoDog

Hey what about using tetris friends rubies for betting on games?

Maybe its boring when Blink wins everything. But not if he also had to cover the point spread!

You could bet on the underdog to win outright. If you bet on the favorite, then you have to state by how much. Something like that. Maybe stuff like odds and point spreads come later. I'm no expert though. Tetris friends rubies would be the betting currency. They would be transferred by arena challenge. If you lose a bet and owe somebody 10 rubies, you have to lose 10 rubies to them in tetris friends arena challenge. Anyone who does not pay up would risk being booted from the betting league. The matches being bet on would not be confined to tetris friends though. You could bet on blockbox or whatever. I just see rubies as a harmless, transferable form of currency.

I will probably get some naysayers, but placing bets, even friendly ones, always gets people more invested in the outcomes of games. I don't really have the knowledge or time to run something like this, but it might make things more interesting. Anybody who wants to carry the banner is welcome to hijack this thread.

ManOfMiracles

the fact the rubies are ungiftable would just make this a big mess
and you can't transfer through arena challenge lol
but gambling is cool
MiracleMan

ChicagoDog

You can't get and lose rubies that way? I haven't tried it. I don't have any rubies yet. I heard you could win and lose rubies that way.

If that wouldn't work what else could you use?

ManOfMiracles

Well, the way arena challenge works is you buy a ticket for 5 rubies(basically betting 5 rubies) and play 3 random people. If you beat those three random people you get like 25 rubies, if you lose, you get nothing.

the reason it won't work is because opponents are random. even if you did find your partner, there are 2 other random people he has to beat and whatnot
MiracleMan

Noogy

rubies aren't transferable in any way, but i have always liked the thought of betting on matches, especially with point spreads  

coolmaninsano

Sounds interesting but Tetris is too predictable

Anonymous

If you had a point spread gambling system that corresponded with a tournament(s), that would be awesome!

I think the best option for points would be something on harddrop, rather than using rubies.
My awesome downstacking guide, last updated (Jan 29, 2013): Downstacker's Guide to the Galaxy
Tired of the same old Tetris games? Read my idea for a revamped Tetris game! The Next

coolmaninsano

How about a fantasy league for HDTL? /halfkidding

Paradox

[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

freakwithfire55

pffft. what a wimpy way to gamble. its all about counting cards. if you want me to teach you, feel free to pm me.

mippo

There's only so many rubies that you need
It would be nice to get some exclusive avatars
or wingraphs though.