Hand of hard drop key

Started by Benzadeus, July 28, 2011, 09:40:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benzadeus

Hello,

I've searched this question, but I couldn't find anything related to it.

I'd like to know if you guys set the hard drop key in the same hand you move the pieces or in the same hand that rotate the pieces.
Which set do you think is better to play fast?

In my first impression, I noticed that fast players use the hard drop key in the same hand they move the pieces... am I right?

Scientifically thinking, I would say that the opposite hand would be better to improve speed.

XaeL

i use the same hand that rotates pieces.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

Pikiwedia

Same hand as movement. I find it more balanced if one hand takes care of rotates and hold, and the other hand for drops and movement.

There's a whole thread for what controls people use, here.
[div align=\\\"center\\\"][/div]

EnFuego

I know of some people that have weird key spreads but the most common keys for harddropping is the up or down arrow. I would use whatever key your middle finger rests on naturally for harddrop and the other one for softdropping.
The tetrisfriends default setup isn't a very good control scheme if you want to get good.

Quote from: Pikiwedia
There's a whole thread for what controls people use, here.

Definitely check out this thread for controls help.

Barneey

I use one hand for harddroping and holding, and the other for moving and rotating

DAS44

I use separate hands for movement and dropping, but that's just me.

Caithness

I consider dropping a form of movement, so I use the same hand that moves the pieces left and right to drop.

NoManual

movment, soft drop and CW rotate for Right hand and harddrop, 180 spin, hold and CCW for left hand. kinda split up in 4 keys each hand
40L = 28.71
My Blog

caffeine

Hard drop and movement keys eat up the most inputs, so I assign them to different hands.

ohitsstef

harddrop + movement = one hand

rotating + holding = another hand

sounds like a dirty move right

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

Paradox

I have adapted to use my nose to hard drop because every time I misdrop i bang my head on the keyboard.
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

shahil

right hand = left, right, rotate cw, soft drop, hold
left hand = harddrop, rotate ccw, rotate 180
                          Z E N A S I S

Altimor

I use arrow keys for movement, numpad 0 for CCW 1, numpad del for CW, numpad 1 for CCW 2, numpad enter for hold

Confugal

I don't think it really matters. I prefer mixing my controls so my hands feel more comfortable and relaxed, while others prefer systematically organizing their hands. I'd suggest finding your own key settings which are comfortable, rather than opting for setups other people use.
In ARS we trust.

ohitsstef

nobody got my joke
i'm so disappoint!
this is why hd is dead
yall don't have funny bones.

We do not forgive. We do not forget.