Hello and help

Started by level5, May 01, 2011, 03:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

level5

Hello
        I'm Jo, my boyfriend used to be a Tetris world champion. I used to play Tetris at school, and thought I was good...but now I know differently.
        He's just released a game on the iphone, Concentricity, and this is my chance to at least draw even with him. I'd like some tips!

I found this site by googling Tetris help..... Of course I am very proud of him, and I'd love you all to see Concentricity, I can't think of a better place to introduce it. I tell my friends what he's done, and the reaction is....well mixed! I think true Tetris fans will appreciate what he's done far more than folk on facebook. But I'd also really like some tips....

Can you help?

Blink

Welcome Jo, I saw you posted your video of your boyfriend.  He's good, you should get him to drop by here sometime.  I haven't looked at the game yet, but I will soon.

Alexsweden

hi and welcome!
Yeah get your boyfriend here too, there will for example be a tournament here during the summer that will have prizemoney so he might be interested in getting active here

For us without iphone would is there anyway to see this app anywhere? (a video of it?)

level5

Quote from: Alexsweden
hi and welcome!
Yeah get your boyfriend here too, there will for example be a tournament here during the summer that will have prizemoney so he might be interested in getting active here

For us without iphone would is there anyway to see this app anywhere? (a video of it?)

Hello, thank you for your reply.
Yes, there's a video on youtube, and I posted one here. If you search for Concentricity and James Clewett. Or Google Clewett and Tetris that should do it.

Tournament sounds fun, he went to Vegas to compete in the world championships...and prize money is always good for students!

Hi blink, sorry I didn't noticed you'd replied too. I'm still getting used to this. Where is 'here'? I think I may have messed up when I signed up and not clicked UK (Which is where we are), you're in the states I presume?

mippo

Quote from: level5
Where is 'here'? I think I may have messed up when I signed up and not clicked UK (Which is where we are), you're in the states I presume?

With 'Here' he just means harddrop I think
I'm in the UK too! Welcome!

Paul676

yay I'm also in the UK  - welcome to HD
               Tetris Belts!

level5

Quote from: Paul676
yay I'm also in the UK  - welcome to HD

(I've been chatting to James about Harddrop and he's begun to say things like "These guys sound really interesting ")

He might be along soon.

virulent

welcome to hd! glad to see you've gotten involved in the intro threads
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]
[/div]

level5

Quote from: virulent
welcome to hd! glad to see you've gotten involved in the intro threads
Thanks. I'm reading lots of them, but only understanding about 1 in 5.

I'm impressed though.

dkorn725

welcome to HD! Is your bf really a tetris champ or close to it, love to c him play
,Drew
Drew- Sprint-45.11; 2.2616 PPS

level5

Quote from: dkorn725
welcome to HD! Is your bf really a tetris champ or close to it, love to c him play
,Drew

Yes, he was the Twin Galaxies world champion in 1999. And you can see him play - have a look at my videos. Though he'd tell you he's out of practise now.

:-)

,Drew
http://www.jamesclewett.com/

level5

,Drew

Hi Drew, you can see him play on the videos on my profile. :-)

TheClassyCoconut

I know this may seem like a late reply but I shall continue.
I seen the video on youtube of him "Confessions of a Tetris addict" because I'm subscribed to sixtysymbols. And if you see James tell him I am eternally grateful! He is the reason I fell in love with Tetris again.

As soon as I saw his enthusiasm for Tetris I dusted off my spatial awareness and had another go at the game. And I haven't stopped since!

James Clewett is a true gentlemen whom I owe a large debt too.
Once again, I offer my thanks to your boyfriend!

Sisu

background: http://harddrop.com/article/article_390/

Catching up with James:

I have heard from level5 that James was very flattered by the Cultris II mode named in his honor, but has yet to have a go at it. He no longer has time for his daily dose of Tetris.

Hang in there champ!  

Rosti_LFC

He makes writing a PhD thesis sound way, way more difficult than anyone I know who has done one ever seems to have found it. Was expecting a bit more from 15 minutes of video :s