Sprint update

Started by oh7even, April 16, 2011, 01:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oh7even

TF: 1:06

Nullpo: 1:02

I'm sooooooo friggggen cloooooose!!!!!!!!      

Paradox

You can do it no problem
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

oh7even

A:LKDFJDSL:FJDS:LJSDLFSDJF:LKSDF:LKSDJL:

1:00.41

Tt_edward

ello, wasup?:D

Confugal

A short while ago, I got exactly 1:00.00, no more no less. I had a massive pause at the end too. >.>
Now I'm at 56.23 I believe, but I'm frustrated with TF so I'm doing more on Nullpomino.
In ARS we trust.

XaeL

Solution is to play stepmania.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

EnFuego

Quote from: XaeL
Solution is to play stepmania.

Is this an actual solution or just a joke? I would like to hear your reasoning behind it

Zioul

Soon you'll be able to do it effortlessly. I was also stuck at 1 minute barrier, but just practice and you'll be able to do it effortlessly. Its not about your finesse sometimes, sometimes its about your familiarity with tetris. Once you're more familiar, you'll feel yourself speed up.

Also remember double rotation.

XaeL

Quote from: EnFuego
Is this an actual solution or just a joke? I would like to hear your reasoning behind it
actual solution.

its like how reading books helps you write stories

u can get the fast fingars from playing the stepmania.

Basically stepmania helps with finger/eye coordination which in turn helps ur tetris'ings. Look at KevinDDR/Kitaru/Me for examplesssssssssss

atm i feel that my fingers can get me to 26 secodns, however my brain is a fail and is holding me back.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

EnFuego

actual solution.

its like how reading books helps you write stories

u can get the fast fingars from playing the stepmania.

Basically stepmania helps with finger/eye coordination which in turn helps ur tetris'ings. Look at KevinDDR/Kitaru/Me for examplesssssssssss

atm i feel that my fingers can get me to 26 secodns, however my brain is a fail and is holding me back.

Back when I played stepmania/flash flash revolution daily; I thought I was atleast decent, but I had the problem of finger speed holding me back from taking it to the next level

Confugal

It definitely helps with tapping speed, although overall decision speed should be unaffected. I should still get back into FFR. :|
In ARS we trust.

Confugal

It definitely helps with tapping speed, although overall decision speed should be unaffected. I should still get back into FFR. :|
In ARS we trust.

Question_Mark

FFR was great back in the day when I used to play it--got my fair share of AAA's, and used to be in the top 10 high-scores for Death Piano...
Oddly enough they shut down epically at one point this past year, but for some reason they opened up again.
FFR (SM is better at it) definitely improves hand-eye coordination, and that's certainly important to Sprint. One important difference is that you have to figure out the "notes" along the way when you play sprint, but it's still the same concept. I've been a diligent player of SM for nearly two years and it certainly has paid off.
/hijack

XaeL

Quote from: Question_Mark
FFR was great back in the day when I used to play it--got my fair share of AAA's, and used to be in the top 10 high-scores for Death Piano...
Oddly enough they shut down epically at one point this past year, but for some reason they opened up again.
FFR (SM is better at it) definitely improves hand-eye coordination, and that's certainly important to Sprint. One important difference is that you have to figure out the "notes" along the way when you play sprint, but it's still the same concept. I've been a diligent player of SM for nearly two years and it certainly has paid off.
/hijack
how many steps/second can u hit?

wow i suck at FFR, i can only play stuff thats paddable because i play index.

Question_Mark

how many steps/second can u hit?
Sustained, 13-14. Max in bursts (5 tops), 20. I use vibration/hypertapping. Call BS on it if you want, but one of these days I'll upload a video to YT.
wow i suck at FFR, i can only play stuff thats paddable because i play index.
You play index, too? Epic! I play left middle/right index like Izzy (more comfortable) but I call it index anyways.
It makes my tapping basically look like DAS activated.