Hello World!

Started by Xenocide, April 02, 2011, 02:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xenocide

Myself, I have know about hard drop for awhile.. as im an avid player on tetris friends and facebook.. i never really came and joined before though, and i do not know why haha. Basically why im here is because i want to learn how to start playing with T spins and other variations of playing rather than me playing for just Tetris' all the time..
My name Is David, some call me Shagor. and i usually try snag this name Xenocide if i can.. because i love Orson Scott Cards Enders game series..
Im from Vancouver Island, BC, Canada..
im old.. hahah
and hope to watch and learn many new things..

Distance

OH SNAP! I love Ender's Game! Did you read any of the Shadow books?
Welcome to HD :]

Xenocide

Quote from: Distance
OH SNAP! I love Ender's Game! Did you read any of the Shadow books?
Welcome to HD :]

Thank you, =7
and yes i've read them all.. so far, a few of them a few times over.. well i might have missed out on reading one i think there is a lot out there now though haha.

Distance

I've only read Ender's Game but I've read all of the Shadow series. And yeah, I totally get you. I've reread some of them a few times, haha.
Favorite book?

Xenocide

its hard to say which of mine is the favourite.. looking at the enderverse wiki.. ive only read the ones in blue really minus a war of gifts.. and maybe one or two of the shadow books i missed out on..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ender%27s_Game_%28series%29

i did really like speaker for the dead and xenocide maybe a bit more than the first one.. but the first book is a very good story in its own right too.. after all if it werent for it.. the others wouldnt have followed haha.. and i think i only got to read a bit of ender in exile.. but yes believe me, i could probably read them all over a few more times each and not be that bored of them.. i like his writing and to me it seems to flow pretty good.. my imagination runs wild thinking about this series haha

coolmaninsano

Distance

Oh my god I never knew that there were so many stories in the Ender verse! I have to go track down a bunch now. Thanks :]
I love his writing too. I read Ender's Game as a kid so I mostly just liked the action of it, haha. All the politics just flew right over my head, but I reread it when I was older and I really liked it (and actually understood it!).

Okay so I think I really like your taste in books, any other authors/series that you really like?  

Xenocide

Quote from: Distance
Oh my god I never knew that there were so many stories in the Ender verse! I have to go track down a bunch now. Thanks :]
I love his writing too. I read Ender's Game as a kid so I mostly just liked the action of it, haha. All the politics just flew right over my head, but I reread it when I was older and I really liked it (and actually understood it!).

Okay so I think I really like your taste in books, any other authors/series that you really like?  

Well other than that i havent really read much lately..
Stephen Colbert - i am America
some existential philosophy books.. =x
R A Salvatores Drizzt Do'urden Series
poker books.. ;D
one of my friends got me reading some of Paulo Coelho's books
i started reading into some of Robert Greene's books.. The 48 laws of power, the art of seduction, and the 33 rules of war i think it is..
oh and i also didnt mind readin Phillip Pullmans Golden compass.. i didnt get to read the other books in the series but i read it a couple times..

never really read much.. just a little bit of each. i start reading and then i kinda leave it alone for awhile.. hahah
other than that really i like to read Scientific American, Discover, and i used to love reading Cracked, and MAD magazines hahah... and nintendo power as a kid. =P

Distance

Sorry I didn't reply sooner ^^

I heard Coelho's The Alchemist was really good, did you read that book? Planning on reading that maybe.

I used to read tons but now I just get distracted too much with schoolwork and tetris, and such... I miss curling up with a good book though.

virulent

welcome~
27 is not old
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]
[/div]

Xenocide

thank you..
hahah yes i know 27 is not all that old.. but most of my friends are pretty young still.. a few years to quite a few years younger.. =x so im like the old guy of the group...
and yea i just finished reading the alchemist probably after i posted.. sorry it took me awhile i had a busy week last week..

level5

Quote from: virulent
welcome~
27 is not old

27 is not too old...I'm 31 :-(

Paulo Coehlo - The Alchemist is the one he's known for, but Veronica Decides to Die, is fantastic, as is the Zahir (if you've ever been married) or By the river Piedre...(can't spell that sorry)

His earlier books have more of the fire, the later ones are a bit hit and miss, some seem to be formulaic.

But, definitely worth a look.

And, if you like that, then of course, try Richard Bach : Jonathon Livingston Seagul, or better yet, Illussions.

Infact, skip Paulo and go straight to Illussions.

x