Hey All

Started by sleach, March 21, 2011, 02:44:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sleach

I realized today I may as well embrace my tetris addiction and join some sort of community for it and came across this forum! I've been playing on tetrisfriends.com for awhile now under the name seanman89. I broke 60,000 today and I'm pretty happy about that  I want to get better at sprint because currently ultra is the only thing I'm good at  I guess over the next few days I'll be looking over guides and such in hopes of getting better!

Cyaround I guess
Sean

Ravendarksky

Wooo 60k on ultra! Nice... my best is like 30k, but then I've never learn ST stacking.

You should work on your sprint time... should be able to get an even higher ultra score if you get faster.... Try to aim for 45-52 seconds on TF Sprint. If you want to go any faster I suggest trying another tetris game:

Nullpomino - Best tetris game (I think).... but you have to download

Blockbox - Great game for getting faster (online web browser game)... try the sprint mode or the survival mode.. but uses sonic drop instead of soft drop which can be hard to get used to.

TOJ - Tetris of Japan, like TF but faster and better... requires download and patches to play.

Cultris 2 - Very fast paced game, but not necessarily good for getting better at TF because it only has one piece previews and strange bag randomiser.

If you enjoy the challenge of Ultra, you might want to try the challenge of marathon. I've posted a guide to getting over 1Million here:
http://harddrop.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2549&st=0

It's not completely finished and it won't help you get faster.... but if you are looking for something a bit different it is worth a look.

Oh... and welcome to the boards :-)

sleach

Thanks for the rundown  I downloaded NullpoMino. I like it except for how the queue raps around to the top. I'm super used to it just being on the side :/

Your marathon guide is ridiculous! (in a good way)

Sean

DAS44

You can set the previews to be on the side.  

options, general options, next display type (hit over a few times, you can choose small or large)

sleach

Quote from: DAS44
You can set the previews to be on the side.  

options, general options, next display type (hit over a few times, you can choose small or large)
Oh thanks! Much better