starting strategys in arena

Started by janVE79, March 21, 2011, 01:46:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

janVE79

I probably have to watch or study some players but still, here is a question,

Whar are frequently used strategys when starting in an arena game. Is it just placing long tetronimo and making tetrisses, is it setting up combo's? I made it to level 16 almost without tspins but i am learning them. How do i include them in the game when starting, just setting up double t-spin over and over or in combination with other things?

Probably it depends on the opponents, but let me know what are the most efficient starting strategys please.

Thanks!
Jan

coolmaninsano

Ravendarksky

Can I also just say it depends on the room you are in. Non E+ rooms play totally different to E+.

Don't have time to post the differences now, maybe later.

Zioul

One important thing is not to stack to high. Like never let you stack reach more than half the screen, clear lines whenever you can. But have some targeting and timing of course, its always good to keep a stack low, or you will get owned once lines get sent. If your stack is high, you won't be able to downstack unless your garbage is luckily under your tetris well.

Just play through the fumen to get a rough idea. I'm personally not that good in practice actually, but this pretty much has some theory that is useful.

Sorry, bag randomiser not on.

[fumen]110@7eBKnxrAKXbSASYM5Dl1UTASICKEFbsYEJ3UTASosa?EFbMwDv3STASIbeEB8+CA+jBYeB3nbA3obB3sbAwNjA0LCU?ASYlNEFbEmDFS9CEPJ98AQOnYEwOpTASI71DBJdCAYeBAnb?AAobBAsbBmB7eC3sqgAmC0dEFb82Dzoo2AioeeEFM98AQ+7?dDuoo2Aoeh1DsMPbA08taEFb82Dzoo2Au32TASoaaEFbMwD?v3aCAAwNrATYANEO388AQOnYEwOpTASosaEFbkzDB8SrDyo?o2AGsrGEFbEcEoe8CAPewNnbxNnbwN3bnMPHAFVMGEQDdCA?7edMgBLfByaBliBAwNKAOoneEFbMLEuoBAAT2cC7cP9c0iB?r3c+eBRdBLaBFhBPQPpAp588Aw1rhEFbsiDBG98AXO98AwM?VrDFb8bDFb0HEFF3TASICKEFBAAAMRPqAZH5TASIvdDuoo2?AiQGDEkoo2AzzpRASIiXEFb0KBts78Aw8WeDjxBAAOKPgAC?QGDEkoo2AVJ98AwWpTASY91Dloo2AzuSrDzow2BySPxAM4j?kEloo2Ahoo2Ao3krDFb0sDPM98AQO9dEye0rDzoo2AB2STA?SY1uATJ2JETBAAAPRBUYBpUBlbBAAAOVBicBrdBkSBqTBlW?BAwNHAFvoxAFbkAAodYihbJwhbRpgbYihbJwkzgbYiRp1l8?e1lkzgbQp/eIwA3gbE3IwB3ZiB3QpwNA3IwB3Zi8eA3IwRp?ssMRkzts8egbQpnzYipbAwNKAHCqhDh7UTAT5AAA7eK68O0?ATO5kDloo2A5H5TASIhrDQP98AQiboEFLHSASoEeEzoo2Al?SUvEFbEcEvoo2AknVKE+/OQAqwceEFbEmDvj5aE0Sg/DAwN?jAZH5TASIvdDuoo2AkH98AQYiNEQ9kkD5oo2A0E7QEJm8CA?AwNUA080uEFbUVElikTASoHbEF6gDEv3OjADX5aEUMJlD0o?o2A0E7QEJG98AwW7rDyoo2AnCqhDh7cCAJJBLNBPPBlQBTQ?BAwNEAluoxA[/fumen]

BTW!!!! Don't set up t-spins if you don't have a T coming in. Ravendarksky had a good tutorial on TSD's, read it. Also read on the skimming part, useful if there is no T.
http://harddrop.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2126

janVE79

thank you all!

i ll read the suggested topics
peace
Jan

DrPete

this is probably my favorite opener: http://harddrop.com/wiki/TKI_3_Opening

even if you can't get it all from start to finish, you can usually get a quick starting t-spin out
[div align=\\\"center\\\"] My Tetris Friends profile [url=http://kingo