HD Scrabble

Started by coolmaninsano, March 07, 2011, 12:22:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul676

Can I argue for valid words not required? It means that people can't guess at words and then for them to get a free chance if they aren't true. If you turn valid words required off, then if someone guesses a poor guess, someone can challenge them. This means that true skill is tested rather than skill at guessing. Again, it brings the challenge system into play, which is more like scrabble in real life.
               Tetris Belts!

cubixcreature

Quote from: Paul676
Can I argue for valid words not required? It means that people can't guess at words and then for them to get a free chance if they aren't true. If you turn valid words required off, then if someone guesses a poor guess, someone can challenge them. This means that true skill is tested rather than skill at guessing. Again, it brings the challenge system into play, which is more like scrabble in real life.

Ah, I actually like that a lot, and will second this vote.

EnFuego

I think I will drop out. I was okay with playing until I lost 2 games, but a season doesn't sound like fun

Paul676

shaite Aaron is good at this
               Tetris Belts!

Shizi

i just tried a game and i gotta say.. wabble sucks man
why not play literati on yahoo

Paul676

because it's not scrabble?
               Tetris Belts!

Shizi

coolmaninsano

Quote from: Shiziyes it is
No it is not.

Shizi

whats the difference

arf

I really don't like wabble either, if anything I'd prefer to play on www.isc.ro.

Literati wouldn't really work though because the tile distribution works differently and it really feels like yahoo just pulled the assigned point values for each letter out of their butts. Bonus square placements are different too so that strategies involved between both games are slightly different. I'm not exactly sure which dictionary the Literati game uses but it's better to get a clear idea of which one we are using.

If I know that we are playing with OSPD4, then I know all the 2-letter words that are valid and not valid.

Also, if we are going to go with the challenge format that Paul suggests, then we should tag on a timer for each turn. ISC has a pretty good format that requires you to keep all your turns under a certain amount of time (i.e. 25 minutes). But even by limiting each player's turn to 90 seconds works too. What I don't like about wabble is that the letter placement can be really slow and I experienced really slow loading times on the site.

coolmaninsano

Quote from: arfI really don't like wabble either, if anything I'd prefer to play on www.isc.ro.
I'd prefer to play on ISC too, but Wabble was chosen for accessibility and ease of use. Season two will most likely be played on ISC.

Quote from: arfAlso, if we are going to go with the challenge format that Paul suggests, then we should tag on a timer for each turn. ISC has a pretty good format that requires you to keep all your turns under a certain amount of time (i.e. 25 minutes). But even by limiting each player's turn to 90 seconds works too. What I don't like about wabble is that the letter placement can be really slow and I experienced really slow loading times on the site.
Yep, just more reasons for season two to be on ISC. Putting tiles on the Wabble board is a pain (especially for the bottom rows) and a per turn timer is not optimal (nor is one that only updates every three seconds).

Tt_edward

i said ' im in' but i dont see my name on the list of participants.
ello, wasup?:D

coolmaninsano

Quote from: Tt_edwardi said ' im in' but i dont see my name on the list of participants.
I know you did, and I consciously removed you because you join games and leave after two turns.

larrytetris

Could you compile all the rules into the initial post or something?

One hour before it starts!
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]www.hrlarry.com[/div]
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.
~Martin Luther King Jr.
[/di

coolmaninsano

Rule changes and clarifications:
- When reporting a match, please give the score, and preferably a screenshot
- Please pay attention to the dialogue box at the end of the game, it has the correct score of the winner. Also, take the difference between the score in the dialogue box and the one stated on the game, and subtract it from the loser's score.[/b]
- When asked for a definition of a word, it is NOT required to give one. Most Scrabble professionals just read and memorize lists, definitions are too much.
- Please post the password in the shoutbox, and notify me if I'm online that you are playing.
- If you are using a nickname other than your listed one in the original post, please notify me.