Hard Drop Open V Tournament!

Started by Blink, February 21, 2011, 12:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManOfMiracles

Quote from: vipjun
I played cultris a few weeks before the c2 beta came out and found the FFA rooms pretty fun.  Some people didn't feel that seeds based on achievements were reflective of skill. What would you think of having the seeding or parts of the earlier tournament done in a different format?

For example:
We can group 6 people together randomly and play 30 games in a FFA room.

For seeding purposes the player with the most wins can be seeded first , etc etc. tie breaks can be decided by something like game time or just have multiple seeds like: 1,1,3...16,16,16,16,20,21 etc.

If you think this might work out for the tournament we can do the 6player room, top 3 advances, bottom gets eliminated / losers bracket. too hard to get  6 ppl on at the same time

I think this might be a good way to alleviate the no-shows that happen on day 1. If they no-show the seeding game they can be eliminated or get last seeds.

I got this idea from some competitions like short track speed skating, skiing, bmx, if you want to see how it plays out in other sports.

1 issue with seeding in this format is that a 6p room might become 4 or 5 Players from the no shows which statistically favors the players in the smaller room to win more games than those who are playing a full 6 player game.  I'm not sure how many people can play together lag free, but it would be cool to have a 50 player room if thats possible at all.  One of the challenges puts you in a room with 80 players.
I don't really like this due to the long a** process. and Getting many players at once is really difficult.
The current seeding is probably the most reasonable right now.
and what Rosti said haha.
MiracleMan

Tt_edward

ello, wasup?:D

Blink

Cultris II is being released on Saturday, from the cultris website http://gewaltig.net:

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]Posted by [DEV] Simon 24.02.2011
Saturday it is. Look for download then you must.[/quote]

LTPA

I'm in though I don't know what cultris is >.>, is it a pc tetris download like nullpo or ToJ? Or does it require anything else?
"A champion needs a motivation above and beyond winning."

~Pat Riley

Rosti_LFC

Quote from: LTPA
I'm in though I don't know what cultris is >.>, is it a pc tetris download like nullpo or ToJ? Or does it require anything else?
It's a stand-alone client, like Nullpo or ToJ, or at least the first one was. Actually moreso, because it doesn't require Java like Nullpo does.

Blink

Quote from: Rosti_LFC
It's a stand-alone client, like Nullpo or ToJ, or at least the first one was. Actually moreso, because it doesn't require Java like Nullpo does.

Actually I'm pretty sure Cultris needs Java too, because without it installed the game won't work.

arf

xxKay

Yay Simon's site works again, and Cultris II released.

DAS44

Cut me out from the list, I can't do much with 5 fps. :/ Sorry

http://i.imgur.com/IIxoc.jpg

crzy242

Quote from: DAS44
Cut me out from the list, I can't do much with 5 fps. :/ Sorry

http://i.imgur.com/IIxoc.jpg
i doubt you would get 5 fps if it was a 1v1 room
☠  crzy242

Tt_edward

sorry i quit this tornament, after downloading cultris 2 , i did not find it as enjoyable as i thought i would, thank you!
ello, wasup?:D

coolmaninsano

Registered for an account, put me on the list as Aaron :D

crzy242

☠  crzy242

perfectclear

my username is perfectclear, and I asked for an in already.