Mini Event #1 - Hard Drop Secret Santa!

Started by Blink, November 05, 2010, 12:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blink

Quote from: XaeL
ok can i participate? I live in australia tho

sure, your secret santa might have to lower your gift cost to $10 or less lol to make up for the shipping but heyyyy it's the thought that counts.

XaeL

or they could buy off an aussie site and post it straight from said site to my house. O.o then they pay aussie shipping.

presents dont have to be "gift" wrapped.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

Blink

Quote from: XaeL
or they could buy off an aussie site and post it straight from said site to my house. O.o then they pay aussie shipping.

presents dont have to be "gift" wrapped.

good point.

SiRTeTRiS

I'm in sounds like fun.  You might want to make this regional or try and match people with others in the same country or within a 1000 miles if outside of US?  I don't know...and I think a better idea for this would be that every gift has to be handmade.  Could make it much cheaper and more creative/fun.  Not everyone has $25 lying around for a random gift but I'll do whatever parameters you setup for it.

Ravendarksky

This sounds like fun... I'm in (If I'm allowed).

My suggestion would be that people who are comfortable post age group and sex as well, so people can get more relevant presents.

I'm male 23.

xlro

funny that most of you guys want to try to match your secret santas, so that they most closely fit yourself (location, age, or even know you already, etc.)
when I first read this idea, my thoughts were exactly the opposite: this should be cool, especially because we have pretty international members of all different ages, so everybody should get something exciting (or at least unexpected) in the mail
I mean I'd do this not for getting some junk as "valuable" as possible ($-wise, so aiming for low shipping costs, etc.) - but more what blink said: it's the thought that counts and should make it awesome.
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]NullpoMino[/div]

Ravendarksky

Quote from: xlro
funny that most of you guys want to try to match your secret santas, so that they most closely fit yourself (location, age, or even know you already, etc.)
Not really...I was more just meaning so that the person knows how old I am. I can't exactly send a copy of 'Sextris 2: The I Slot' to a minor now can I

xlro

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]NullpoMino[/div]

virulent

Quote from: DraKKiE
man i feel bad for the person that's going to get virulent! hahaha jkjk
i hope i get you D:[/color]
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]
[/div]

XaeL

nah man, sextris 2 the I Slot is suitable for all minors, they dont have to kneel to get tetris'ed in the FACE

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

ohitsstef

After thinking this through, I don't think it's actually safe for me to give out my address.. so I'd like to withdraw from the Secret Santa event.

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

Okizeme

any rules for if a person fails to gift?

on SRK we ban the person from the site. just food for thought.
bit.ly/sorcerersminion | The Soul Sacrifice Companion
beaman.bandcamp.com
twitter.com/sgnl606

Blink

Quote from: Okizeme
any rules for if a person fails to gift?

on SRK we ban the person from the site. just food for thought.

The reason that only recognized members can participate is to hopefully eliminate this problem.  I believe everybody on the participants list can be trusted to send a gift out.

If someone is trying to receive a gift without sending one, it wouldn't be smart because we would have their address.  In the scenario that someone is just being a prick and gave a fake address with no intention to send a gift out, I'll definitely ban them from the site and see about about what to do so that the other person receives atleast some gift.

I doubt it will come to that.

Maii04

how exactly are you going to decide who gets who?

Blink

Quote from: Maii04
how exactly are you going to decide who gets who?

using bag randomizer