I have arrived!

Started by Narrow, October 10, 2010, 09:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narrow

Hello, my name is Dakota I'm a guy from Kansas City, KS.
I enjoy playing tetris on tetrisfriends.com, my username there is also Narrow.
Nice to be on the forums!

BTW, I keep trying to upload my avatar which is 119x119 pixels and it says that it must be 120x120 pixels so I made it 120x120 and It still won't upload it! What am I doing wrong?

- Narrow.

Maii04

Welcome to HD
you should try out other games.

coolmaninsano

Hello! Welcome to HD! I suggest playing other Tetris games than just Tetris Friends, links to them and their respective guides are pinned at the top of the Strategy/Help subforum.

About the avatar, e-mail it to atf13z@gmail.com and I'll take care of it

dinosaurcookiez

hi there, Dakota  

i'm Jessica. nice to meet you, i guess?
ZOMG

XaeL

welcome, you should try playing Tetris friends arena, it is a very fun game.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

coolmaninsano

Quote from: XaeL
welcome, you should try playing Tetris friends arena, it is a very fun game.

XaeL are you freakin' blind....

Blink

Welcome to the site Narrow =)

Quote from: Maii04
Welcome to HD
you should try out other games. Tf is trash

Many players here enjoy the game, it's not perfect because it has lag issues but it's far from trash.  Anyways the introduction section is meant to welcome a player and get to know more about them, not to force your game preferences on them.  If Narrow asked for game suggestions I would understand but he/she didn't, and they said they enjoy playing TF.  If this keeps up I'm going to shut down this section of the forum because all the threads are starting to sound the same, [insert tetris game name] infomercials.

ohitsstef

Quote from: Maii04
Welcome to HD
you should try out other games. Tf is trash

Even though I don't like TF for many reasons, there's no reason for you to say it's trash.
You're not even a good player.

anyways welcome to hd ~  
You should try out the other tetris games, along with TF

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

ManOfMiracles

Quote from: Blink
If this keeps up I'm going to shut down this section of the forum because all the threads are starting to sound the same, [insert tetris game name] infomercials.
Shame on everyone...  

Anyway, Here's a real welcoming: Hey Dakota, what's up.  
So you're from Kansas. I love that state because it's the name of my favorite band.  
Do you by chance like progressive rock?
MiracleMan

coolmaninsano

Quote from: ManOfMiracles
So you're from Kansas. I love that state because it's the name of my favorite band.  

Kansas, it's only good at 10:30 when you just want to step off that damn train you've been on for the last thirty hours.

EnFuego

Welcome! Is it ironic that your name is Dakota and you are from Kansas? (or maybe coincidental)

Welcome to the site Narrow =)
Many players here enjoy the game, it's not perfect because it has lag issues but it's far from trash.  Anyways the introduction section is meant to welcome a player and get to know more about them, not to force your game preferences on them.  If Narrow asked for game suggestions I would understand but he/she didn't, and they said they enjoy playing TF.  If this keeps up I'm going to shut down this section of the forum because all the threads are starting to sound the same, [insert tetris game name] infomercials.

There should be an automatic post response/message to everyone who makes a thread in the introductions section that says try out the major tetris games.
But, if it isn't broke don't fix it!

Someone2knoe

If this keeps up I'm going to shut down this section of the forum because all the threads are starting to sound the same, [insert tetris game name] infomercials.

Telling a new player about other tetris games is probably the best advice you can give them. They can test out the other games and see if they prefer those. And it helps support the people who make the games.

In my opinion it takes some tolerance to play tetris friends. In terms of quality the other games are arguably way better. But if you don't mind the lag, some unfairness, and many other things then its the game for you. Most people who like it either started with it or started with something similar and are accustomed to it. Or simply enjoy the fact that there are a lot of players. Some players are unaffected by its limitations because of their skill compared to other players.

When people go to a game like blockbox (blockboxgame.com) it is more efficient to have 0 AR, double rotates, 0 line clear delay (if you don't really take advantage of those things it doesn't affect you much). When they play tetris friends they realize how limited it is in terms of those things. It isn't very pleasant if you made the effort to be as efficient as possible and it strips it from you.

What needs to happen is people need to stop accepting things like "lag" or any of those things. They can tolerate it for the moment, but they shouldn't accept it. Its necessary for these things to be fixed. Its no fair to just say "It doesn't lag that much for me." They need to fix TF. It needs to have the quality of the clones. Then no one would call it "trash" and the majority of us can enjoy official tetris.

Welcome to HardDrop.

Ravendarksky

Hi there,

Welcome to Harddrop

Sorry about my friends, they love to debate this issue, please don't let it put you off the site! We are a friendly bunch at heart, just very passionate about tetris .

I'm from the UK, but might see you on TF if I'm up late and you are on early! My user there is: Ravendarksky, same as here.

As for your avatar issues, maybe it is the wrong file type? Is it a .jpg?

larrytetris

Hello there C:
TF definitely has its perks, most valuable in my opinion being the great player networking system. You'll probably see a lot of us hanging around chatting. See you around
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]www.hrlarry.com[/div]
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.
~Martin Luther King Jr.
[/di

XaeL

Quote from: coolmaninsano
XaeL are you freakin' blind....
how so?

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.