What do people play more? Tetris DS or Tetris Party Deluxe DS?

Started by Gillz, October 01, 2010, 11:43:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gillz

I mean this in a competitive sense. I want to play with good players, are they all still playing Tetris DS, or have they moved to Tetris Party Deluxe DS? I checked the leaderboards, and it seems that there isn't that many players compared to Tetris DS.

I'm just looking to see which one is the competitive platform for the DS

I'm sorry if this topic already exists, I tried searching and found nothing.

Thanks

KeroKai

Quote from: Gillz
I mean this in a competitive sense. I want to play with good players, are they all still playing Tetris DS, or have they moved to Tetris Party Deluxe DS? I checked the leaderboards, and it seems that there isn't that many players compared to Tetris DS.

I'm just looking to see which one is the competitive platform for the DS

I'm sorry if this topic already exists, I tried searching and found nothing.

Thanks

Hm...
I'd suggest that you look into which game style you prefer. As Tetris Party Deluxe is different to TetrisDS in that it rewards all-spins and combos.

Competition-wise... It's better to just start off on the internet. There's alot more people to play online and well... It's more fun than not knowing your opponents etc.

Gillz

Quote from: KeroKai
Hm...
I'd suggest that you look into which game style you prefer. As Tetris Party Deluxe is different to TetrisDS in that it rewards all-spins and combos.

Competition-wise... It's better to just start off on the internet. There's alot more people to play online and well... It's more fun than not knowing your opponents etc.

I'll still play online on PC, I just want to know which one I should be playing when I play on the DS (I really like playing on the DS)

Boingloing

Umm I have both but I think a lot of people like TDS more.

g u r l g a m e r

jujube

i also have both, and TDS was way more popular a couple years ago than TPD is now. it's hard to say which game is more popular at this point. i like KeroKai's suggestion of buying the game you would enjoy more. there are lots of TDS vids and a few TPD vids to watch on youtube, if you're not familiar with the games.

EnFuego

If you are looking to buy one of the games I would suggest TPD:
-It has a scoreboard that gets updated. It has leaderboards for many things, including multiplayer rank for items and non-items.
-At this point in time it would be easier to obtain and probably cheaper to get TPD. TDS is out of print and usually goes for more than the $30 TPD goes for. Also, it is easier to just goto a gamestop and pick up the game rather e-baying and getting the game shipped.
-Since TDS is out of print, TPD looks like it is going to be here for the long haul. In the future you can probably find more opponents playing that game.

I don't really see any reason why TDS would be a better buy than TPD, unless you are extremely against combo's and all-spins.

Do yoiu own TDS already and are looking to see if you want to buy TPD? Are you getting it purely for the multiplayer or would you want to check out single player modes?

ohitsstef

since TDS has been out a lot longer.. there are more players on it
=P

but TPDS is so much better
after you've played TDS and you switch over.. it's like (eyes dilate orgasm)

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

Gillz

Okay, to be clear, I own BOTH at the moment, but I prefer TPD at this point (a lot more options, etc).

BUT, TPD has leader boards, but I just want to know which one people play competitively (aka, what game houses the GOOD players, TDS or TPD?)

tepples

Or you could take a third option: buy a flash card and play Lockjaw. Lockjaw is single player only, but much of the time when you have access to a DS and not a PC, you also don't have Internet access through Wi-Fi to play online.

L-mino

Quote from: tepples
Or you could take a third option: buy a flash card and play Lockjaw. Lockjaw is single player only, but much of the time when you have access to a DS and not a PC, you also don't have Internet access through Wi-Fi to play online.

i play LJ on my Dingoo (using GBA emulator). I love you Tepples

Boingloing

heh my friend had an unused flashcart and I put LJ on it for him, he enjoyed it until he took it off so he could use the MicroSD for his phone.(it had a REALLY small memory)

g u r l g a m e r

EnFuego

Quote from: Gillz
Okay, to be clear, I own BOTH at the moment, but I prefer TPD at this point (a lot more options, etc).

BUT, TPD has leader boards, but I just want to know which one people play competitively (aka, what game houses the GOOD players, TDS or TPD?)

I think a lot of players are switching over to TPD because of the obvious reasons it is better. The better players are usually japanese players. So it would help if someone from japan gave their input.

I would say go with TPD especially if you like it better.

mathilde

Without a doubt, more people still play TDS. Even if your opinion is that TPD is a better game, the online player base is sparse at best, and in a few months will be totally non-existent. Rating in TPD is worthless, it's more like 'experience points' rather than an actual indication of how strong you are. In TDS, rating does actually mean something, and it's far far easier to get matchups against players that are similar to your skill level.

NoManual

I dunno what most ppl play, but I started with TDS and played that for a month, when I found out about TPD I bought it (has way more options, better DAS/SRS etc), now when I play against my friend we only play on TPD, I loved TDS but when I saw TPD I was sold to a much better game..
40L = 28.71
My Blog

EnFuego

Quote from: mathilde
Without a doubt, more people still play TDS. Even if your opinion is that TPD is a better game, the online player base is sparse at best, and in a few months will be totally non-existent. Rating in TPD is worthless, it's more like 'experience points' rather than an actual indication of how strong you are. In TDS, rating does actually mean something, and it's far far easier to get matchups against players that are similar to your skill level.

I find this is not the case at all.

I played some TDS and TPD and found that more people were on TPD. While I didn't find any good matches, but I did find people with a higher ranking than me (~5600) who weren't very good. As soon as I won 1 round they immediately forfeited.

Who cares about rating anyways? The only point would be to use it to find more accurate matches.