NullpoMino Feature Requests

Started by Paul676, September 15, 2010, 05:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paradox

Quote from: electrofry
all i want is customizable soft drop speed. i always cringe in 40 line after a misdrop cos i know i'll suffer a 2 second penalty cos of the lack of fast soft drop

a lot of people play nullpo with instant drop lol.
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

DarthDuck

Whenever I make a room, I check the box for shifting garbage holes for back-to-back. Would anyone be against that as the default?
Pyrrhonian disclaimer: If I use assertive language, then I only do so as a manner of speaking. I might say "the sun will rise tomorrow", but deep down, like anything else, I can never really know that. So if I

coolmaninsano

Quote from: DarthDuckWhenever I make a room, I check the box for shifting garbage holes for back-to-back. Would anyone be against that as the default?
Yes because people hate change and that's a pretty major one.

A change that won't shouldn't bother anyone that I hope comes soon:[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--][1:34pm] atf: why is hurry up a default for 1v1
[1:35pm] xlro: because there is no difference in rule set for 1v1 or any other number of players
[1:35pm] atf: my enjoyment of the game would infinitely rise if you guys could "fix" that
[1:36pm] xlro: Im not sure thats possible
[1:36pm] xlro: without actually patching the code
[1:36pm] xlro: updating what TOJ is should be no problem but making distinciton between 2 palyrs or more is probably not possible atm[/quote]

Rosti_LFC

Fixing hurry up garbage so it's not broken would be good too.

xlro

Quote from: Rosti_LFC
Fixing hurry up garbage so it's not broken would be good too.
I guess you are referring to hurry up garbage starting later for some and giving them an unfair advantage. This only depends on the rendering speed for that player, if he constantly plays with < 60 fps, his game clock runs slower and therefore hurry up garbage starts later in comparison. This also screws up the stats ofc.
This could be patched, by triggering hurry up garbage globaly for all through a broadcast from the netserver - but should be fixed with the new engine for version 8 anyways (correct timing behavior), at least that was one of the main redesign points.
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]NullpoMino[/div]

Rosti_LFC

I was more referring to the fact that hurry up garbage currently seems to be based on pieces placed rather than time. It's not that it starts earlier for one player, but that the faster player can receive substantially more lines.

xlro

Quote from: Rosti_LFC
I was more referring to the fact that hurry up garbage currently seems to be based on pieces placed rather than time. It's not that it starts earlier for one player, but that the faster player can receive substantially more lines.
are you sure about that? I never encountered this or heard about that the hurry up garbage is based on anything other than the time passed already in the game and interval between line add.
Its definitely true tho, that players that "lag", i.e. don't paly at constant 60fps, will get their lines alot later and granted also with a little longer delay between lines (compared to the real time), which can be as extrem as one player being almost at the top with solid garbage, while the other only has 2-3 lines of solid garbage.

Rosti_LFC

I can't say I've extensively or scientifically tested it, but I was told that it was the case and during play it definitely seems to have turned out that way. Whenever there's a discrepancy (and there's almost always a discrepancy by the time players get to the top) the player with the higher tpm always seems to be the one with more garbage.

xlro

ok, interesting - if anyone else encountered this, let me know.
might be just a correlation tho, that slower players somehow also tend to play on crappier machines  (that's ofc no rule)

Alexsweden

I have encountered this too, hurry up seems based on pieces placed in some way...

Lucho

Faster Ready-Go! sequence
Friendly replay menu
[div align=\\\"center\\\"][spoiler]
Funky Ruskie[/div][div align=\\\"center\\\"] [/div][/spoiler]

Mozallica

An option for showing keys pressed per game/second/minute/piece like in LockJaw

Paradox

Is npm8 even being worked on anymore? Last time I checked all the devs said they were busy.
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

xlro

farter

checks garbage lines in dig race? that would be crazy