Nullpomino Guide

Started by jennr246, June 30, 2010, 09:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berry

i had the exact problem u4l and paul have but it went away for unknown reasons and its all good now.

one thing to uncheck is perfect fps, i didn't change anything else from the default settings.

i'm using the swing version btw since the slick version doesn't support my keys (numpad 5 without numlock on) (and sadly the same with cultris)

cheers

Ukrainian4Life

Now my Nullpomino will freeze up and it will tell me that javaw.exe stopped responding. This is a real pain to deal with, considering it causes me to get lag spikes as well as having to terminate the game completely and RE-open it. I have the latest java version installed, but if anyone else experiences this issue let me know.

Paul, I agree that the settings are provided are optimal in 1v1 but in FFA I can get dismal FPS such as 32, for this I have found no cure, but keep me posted and let me know if you find anything out. Thanks!
"I am dreaming less and sleeping more, but I'll sell my soul for the dream you stole." - Armor for Sleep

Paigan

Is harddrop.com not working anymore? Servers down?

Can't connect via netplay.

Pikiwedia

Quote from: Paigan
Is harddrop.com not working anymore? Servers down?

Can't connect via netplay.

That server is down. Connect to nullpo.it.cx.
[div align=\\\"center\\\"][/div]

TetrisCommie

Nullpomino is great, but there's no sound!!!

EDIT:  I read the "readme" and it works when I go through "play_sdl.bat" instead.
The readme writes: "Aside from random crashing bug which I can't fix it, it's most stable for 32bit PCs".
So seeing that most PCs are 32bit, "play_sdl.bat" should be used by default, not the exe we have now.

kevincentius

Quote from: Pikiwedia
That server is down. Connect to nullpo.it.cx.

Ah! I have been wondering!

Sound is not working on my laptop but works on my computer :0

Shuey

Could someone please add the missing mode "Dig Challenge" and any available info about it?  It's not listed in the Wiki either.

Shuey

I'd also like to find out if it's possible to choose which piece you'd like to start with when playing "practice" mode.

cloudstack

I'm overflowing with infomation. I'm still a newbie. I can't understand almost all of it.  anyway I'm going to practice all of it one by one. Thanks for this very dedicating tutorial.

electrofry

anyway to delete unwanted records? was playing with 5 fps for 2 games and recorded fake records of 19 and 25 seconds. i really dont want them on my leaderboard.
when the going gets tough, i get going.

ManOfMiracles

Quote from: electrofry
anyway to delete unwanted records? was playing with 5 fps for 2 games and recorded fake records of 19 and 25 seconds. i really dont want them on my leaderboard.
Go to your nullpo folder -->replay, and choose the records you don't want. You gotta know the name of the replay though.
MiracleMan

Shuey

I am trying to figure out how to fix a replay file.  Here is the story:
I opened Nullpomino, then opened the rule editor (I thought about modifying the block skin AFTER the fact) and I modified the block skin for the StandardFriends rule and saved the change.  I then closed the rule editor, started a game and built a pattern.  While I was building my pattern, I realized that the skin isn't the one I wanted, but figured it could be changed later, so I just kept building and finished my pattern.  I then closed Nullpomino, opened the rule editor again, changed the block skin for the StandardFriends rule again, closed the editor, then ran Nullpomino.  I verified I had the correct rule selected, then loaded my replay file (which uses the same exact rule), but the block skin is still the previous one I chose, rather than the one I changed it to later.

I told Zircean about this and he said that he's sure that it can be changed in the replay file, but he doesn't recall how to do it.  Does anyone else know?

Thanks in advance!

StS

Just tried this out: open the replay file in a text editor. Find the line that says:

0.tuning.owSkin= #

and replace # with the number of the block skin that you want.
Sandal that Stinks

Current 40L (Nullpo): 35.32s

ARCADE-CLICKSTER

High, i am new to nullpomino and have some questions for you guys since i know you are pros with nullpomino, first of all how do i make the soft drop speed faster, both DAS and fall down rate, and where do i got to learn what each of the setting means because there are a lot that i dont know what they mean, stand for, and do? thanks a lot in advance for any and all help