Tetris Party Deluxe Impressions

Started by EnFuego, May 27, 2010, 11:54:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iphys

It's not bad at all.  More HD people are playing the DS than Wii version.  I  bought the DS version and still might pick up the Wii version too -- having a really hard time restraining myself from buying it (barely managed to walk past the store yesterday).

chopin

Does anyone else feel that TPD Wii  is fail?

1. The only control customization available is switching the hold/item button.
2. Line clear delay online is horrible.
3. No DAS/AR.
4. The only available people to play online use "Wii-Ware" settings, which (at least for me) rewards no other twists/spins and my t-spin triples send only two lines of garbage....

:'(

iphys

Interesting that they give different settings to play against TP players to make it fair.  I'm sure it will just be a matter of time before more people buy TPD and you won't have to play the TP players.  TSTs send 2 lines in TP because only no-kick T-spins count as T-spins, so a TST is just considered a standard triple.

chopin

Boingloing

co-op tetris is interesting.
player one only gets L, J, O, and I pieces
player two only gets S, Z, T, and I pieces
the only way for a player to get a piece out of the other player's bag is to use the shared hold queue.

g u r l g a m e r

iphys

lol, I played Co-op by myself with 2 DSes -- couldn't get near the high scores of the devs that were on the leaderboard to start with.

BTW, that bogus Sprint time has been removed from the leaderboard -- hurray!

Boingloing

lol I played 1 player, 2 DS co-op as well. My brother, who likes tetris, is simply REFUSING to play co-op

g u r l g a m e r

iphys

Yeah, I had a friend come stay with me last summer who isn't too bad at Tetris.  I was hoping to play some TP Co-op with him, but he kept refusing and only finally played a few games with me -- so frustrating when people won't co-op to play Co-op.

MasterBait

Thank god, i bought the DS version  
Online is pretty dead at the moment though, it takes forever to find a match. Doesn't help when losers can simply disconnect as they like without suffering any points deduction  
Hopefully things will get better when Japan gets it, but that's like in August...

iphys

Oh, awesome.  When Japan gets this is when people will really start playing it.  I also saw something in their press release about a planned European release for this.

Boingloing

woah woah woah... this was a USA-first release?
*pops champagne*

g u r l g a m e r

massi4h

If I want to play I'm pretty much forced to download it now cause there's no where near a mention of a release and then I have to update my firmware on my R4 as well.
☠ massi4h

Caithness

Quote from: Boingloing
woah woah woah... this was a USA-first release?
*pops champagne*

Mario Kart DS was released in the U.S. first. For that matter, so was Tetris DS. It's becoming much more common recently.

Boingloing

g u r l g a m e r

GoldPlatedDish

Quote from: Caithness
Mario Kart DS was released in the U.S. first. For that matter, so was Tetris DS. It's becoming much more common recently.

The Nintendo DS was also released in North America first. (POINT OF FACT)