Tetris Party Deluxe Impressions

Started by EnFuego, May 27, 2010, 11:54:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jujube

Quote from: chopin
I think it's cool that NP counts other spins/twists as much as T-spins. Makes them worthwhile to learn and will also encourage learning. Even when you play games without Other Spins scored, you will notice improvement.
i think you're right chopin. efficiency goes a long way in multiplayer, and sometimes you need to twist to downstack the best way. learning them also gives you more perfect clear chances.

Andheri

Tetris Party Deluxe is pretty good as an alternative to TetrisFriends online, I dunno if it was worth the money.

If you have Tetris Enthusiasts over, then I suppose it's worth it.

But, the game types aren't very unique, this game is worth $15-$20, but I bought it for either $25 or $30.

Luckily, I got the other game half off.
-Andheri

I love Tetris.

Add me on TetrisFriends - TechyRadhika

iphys

TPD has been dated for an EU release Sept 3.

Caithness

I was playing tonight and there were actually people online. I guess it just takes a while for sales to build up.

jujube

what were you playing Caith? i can usually get an items match, but finding someone for no items is hard and nobody is playing dual spaces.

this trailer is old but i think it says the Japanese release will be August 5th.
http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=125118

iphys

Yeah, I saw a release date of August 5th for people selling the game on eBay.  Cracks me up that they call it Tetris Party Premium in Japan.  I guess they didn't want us to think we were paying a premium for this game so they only used that title for Japan.

Caithness

Quote from: jujube
what were you playing Caith? i can usually get an items match, but finding someone for no items is hard and nobody is playing dual spaces.
Yeah, I was playing Items. I got 3 opponents rather quickly, but didn't find anybody when I tried No Items. I didn't even bother trying Duel Spaces.

Andheri

Quote from: Caithness
I was playing tonight and there were actually people online. I guess it just takes a while for sales to build up.

Omg, that's cool.
I went on like, 2 weeks ago, and there was no one on.
I'll try again tonight.
-Andheri

I love Tetris.

Add me on TetrisFriends - TechyRadhika

Wrathi

First of all, hello to everyone! I've been reading these forums on and off for the past year but never managed to register as I felt Tetris was just a small game to play every now and then. It's fun to see how all the "pros" feel about the game and the community around them.

I bought Tetris Party Deluxe yesterday and tried the online battle. It's a bit silly that 5k rated starting players down to 3k people have to play with 7-9k rated people. Now I know rating is not everything but in all of these games higher rated people totally crushed low rated players who couldn't keep up with them at all. Every single time, no match. Is there automatic search function at all in this game or is it just versus all available players? Feels kinda boring to play vs players who do multiple tetrises and t-spins in a time you do a one tetris

Online play should also have more playmodes than just 4 player item, 2 player items off and duel spaces which I haven't managed to play yet.

coolmaninsano

Just got the game for Wii, the controls suck, slow DAS.

I realized that I could have just connected my WiiMote to my computer and played Nullpo.