AOL Instant Messenger: djstanny

Shizi

Beastin_Shen

Quote from: Shizi
http://www.justin.tv/solidstarcraft/b/281717788
skip to 1hr 20min

bye bye marines.

i need to get to finals so they can stream us since im all show
<div style="overflow: hidden; background-image: url(http://harddrop.com/design/pic/badges/bg_black.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 285px; height: 80px;position:relative;"><span style="width:60px;height:80px;float:left;overflow: hidden;margin-top:10px;margin-left:10px;"><a href="http://hard

Shizi

haha i watched it over again.. so epic

Rosti_LFC

SC2
Got this fairly recently, been playing a bit. I suck, but I've been learning fairly quickly I feel. If anyone is in the EU region and wants some matches, PM me.

Jes

Im pretty bad too rosti. We should play someday : )

XaeL

any bronze league people? i've been stuck in bronze league forever

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

Rosti_LFC

Quote from: XaeL
any bronze league people? i've been stuck in bronze league forever
Bronze league too. And I'm currently struggling to move off zero points because I lost so many of my first matches while learning, and my win ratio is terrible, which means I'm constantly playing people I'm favoured against. I get like, hardly any points when I win, and the odd time I lose to cheese I'll just lose the points I've gotten from winning the last five or six games.  

Shizi

what races do you guys play?
to get out of bronze you just need to work on your mechanics.
if you want a good example of poor mechanics but fancy play, go watch shen loll

xlro

SC2
yo Rosti, I haven't played much last couple months, but played a lot of beta and then at release
I wanted to play a bit more again, also like 2on2 a lot.
I'm silver league protoss on EU, if anyone is interested for some practice matches or 2on2 action add me: xlro.532
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]NullpoMino[/div]

Rosti_LFC

Quote from: Shizi
what races do you guys play?
to get out of bronze you just need to work on your mechanics.
if you want a good example of poor mechanics but fancy play, go watch shen loll
I play Terran, mostly because I'm just getting used to the core mechanics, and I'm getting comfortable with them before I really start experimenting with races. When I make it to Silver I might stop and give the other races a serious try. I don't reckon it'll take me that long now that I've watched a few D9 newbie Tuesdays and I've gotten to grips with the core gameplay concepts.

Would be interested in playing some non-1v1 matches sometime with people though.

caffeine

Quote from: Rosti_LFC
and my win ratio is terrible
That's weird. It should balance out pretty soon.

Rosti_LFC

Quote from: caffeine
That's weird. It should balance out pretty soon.
It's currently at W20 L25, so balancing out a fair bit and I'm starting to get more than 2+2 points per win. For ages it was like W5 L20 though

xlro

I don't reckon it'll take me that long now that I've watched a few D9 newbie Tuesdays and I've gotten to grips with the core gameplay concepts.
Day J is all u need to 'become a better gamer' - at least in theory for sure.
I think I watched more of his show and casts than actually played SC2 overall, he's that good.

Would be interested in playing some non-1v1 matches sometime with people though.
let's play some 2v2s then - or even 3v3+ if someone else here wants to join on EU?

It's currently at W20 L25, so balancing out a fair bit and I'm starting to get more than 2+2 points per win. For ages it was like W5 L20 though
yeah iirc the matching algorithm is designed that way, so that priority #1 is a 50% win rate (at least for the average player)
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]NullpoMino[/div]

XaeL

SC2
Bronze league too. And I'm currently struggling to move off zero points because I lost so many of my first matches while learning, and my win ratio is terrible, which means I'm constantly playing people I'm favoured against. I get like, hardly any points when I win, and the odd time I lose to cheese I'll just lose the points I've gotten from winning the last five or six games.  
Who's on the US server? Can't play with u rosti i can only play on SEA and US

Also its ridiculously easy to get into diamond. Just learn any one-base strategy and u'll get to top of diamond.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.