Charging for Tetris Lessons

Started by Corrosive, January 27, 2010, 03:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ukrainian4Life

Quote from: Aaron
Hey look, this is free!

www.harddrop.com/wiki

I like Aaron's idea.
"I am dreaming less and sleeping more, but I'll sell my soul for the dream you stole." - Armor for Sleep

Shuey

I'm not sure if this is a joke or if it's for real, but if it IS real, this is really sad.

ManOfMiracles

Quote from: Shuey
I'm not sure if this is a joke or if it's for real, but if it IS real, this is really sad.
How is this sad? I think this is a great opportunity to gain some helpful tetris knowledge from one of the best on this site.
MiracleMan

DarthDuck

Quote from: ManOfMiraclesHow is this sad?
Considering that this factors to $1.5/hour over 42 hours, that wouldn't be a bad price if it were anyone else. But the problem is that Corossive can't play someone who is a tier or more below him without complaining about how bored he is. That's why this doesn't make any sense.
Pyrrhonian disclaimer: If I use assertive language, then I only do so as a manner of speaking. I might say "the sun will rise tomorrow", but deep down, like anything else, I can never really know that. So if I

Paradox

Its a bad price considering people are giving lessons for free
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

tozarian

Shizi

pumpupthejam

Alexsweden

Haha, I wanna see this, but too much time and money, try doing this with less money and time coro

DarthDuck

Seriously who has 6 free hours in the middle of a weekday lol
Pyrrhonian disclaimer: If I use assertive language, then I only do so as a manner of speaking. I might say "the sun will rise tomorrow", but deep down, like anything else, I can never really know that. So if I

MarioThePhenom

i deem corrosive on of the funniest members f HD:P

Quote from: PandaLol no, that's ludacris. I have a sentence generator, Blink....

Chopin

Not gonna lie - this would probably be really good and make you pro if you were to actually take it seriously

MarioThePhenom

Quote from: Chopin
Not gonna lie - this would probably be really good and make you pro if you were to actually take it seriously

so does practice?

i mean like, if you have 6 hours of free time, hit up the wiki, some forums, or just play multiplayer and use the things you learnt in the wiki, also, i think playing for 6 hours strait would improve anyone tetris skill:P

Quote from: PandaLol no, that's ludacris. I have a sentence generator, Blink....

Chopin

Well, in a way, the money might make both sides focus more than if it were not part of the equation. To be honest though, in pretty much everything (everything has skill) - a good, knowledgeable teacher will help you achieve a point of improvement a million times faster than trying to teach yourself. For example, there is a plethora of information on chemical physics, but without learning from an instructor you will have a very hard time. Or if you look at cooking - just because you have the tools and a cookbook in front of you doesn't mean you will make a good meal

DarthDuck

Quote from: MarioThePhenomif you have 6 hours of free time, hit up the wiki, some forums, or just play multiplayer
I think Chopin would agree that you would get at least a comparable benefit from 6 hours of dig challenge. But Corrosive's 'pack a lunch' mentality could keep it like a boot camp where you might otherwise fail to be self-disciplined. As for the rest of his mentality...