The Four And A Half Year Challenge: BEATING BLINK

Started by solo2001, October 23, 2009, 09:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think that I can do it?

"Yes, I BELIEVE IN YOU FORD!"
32 (28.1%)
"Nope"
61 (53.5%)
"Perhaps, considering your personal score vs. the allotted period of time its plausible that... wait! no, there's no way."
21 (18.4%)

Total Members Voted: 115

tempfelix

@ GPD, you can tell if a record is legit by watching their video.  If there is any indecision (moves left two columns, changes mind, moves right) there is an exceedingly high chance it is fake.  At that high of a speed you need to know where every piece goes before you even control it.

On a more relevant note, great job on the improvement!  50 seconds is already quite impressive.  If you want, try improving your 5p sprint rank.  It gave me the extra motivation i needed to break the 50 barrier.

solo2001

BEAT MY RECORD: 50.18!!!!!!!!!!! down .10 seconds!

my lesser goal is to hit the forties by x-mas!
[15:40] DAS44: trolliest thread ever was solo's

XaeL

TTC uses a much better algorithm to detect fakes than simply watching it.

I think it also uses timestamping to check speedhax.
(e.g. you could slow down the game to say 1%. Then in gameplay you would never make stacking errors etc, and can tap faster).

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

solo2001

Holy Crap! 2000 HITS!!!!!!!!! i REALLY didn't think it'd get this big (the graph was a nice touch, even if it WAS a little disparaging) which is a great segway into my next update:
I have no new records!!!!! the challenge is getting harder faster than I am! if i beat my time every other week i'll be happy.  

FORTIES BY CHRISTMAS!  MAYBE!

clincher

Add the graph to the first post, that would be a nice touch
It's all about the love

Someone2knoe

I'm down to 51 seconds without much effort haha

solo2001

Quote from: solo2001
FORTIES BY CHRISTMAS!  MAYBE!

BEAT MY RECORD: 49.52 SECONDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a christmas Miracle!!!!

GoldPlatedDish

holdnext

tempfelix

i just saw you broke 50! congrats!  im gonna have to work a little harder now to make sure you dont catch up to me....

solo2001

Quote from: tempfelix
i just saw you broke 50! congrats!  im gonna have to work a little harder now to make sure you dont catch up to me....
LOL, thanks temp, hopefully i'll be seeing more comments like that!  
Which should happen pretty soon, cause I...

BROKE MY RECORD: 48.78 SECONDS!!!!!!!!!

Boingloing

g u r l g a m e r

Someone2knoe

YukiIjuin

You shaved a whole friggin' second off. Props to you man. XD

iphys

I think you should start maintaining a graph of your best sprint time vs time so we can see how steadily you're improving.