The Four And A Half Year Challenge: BEATING BLINK

Started by solo2001, October 23, 2009, 09:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think that I can do it?

"Yes, I BELIEVE IN YOU FORD!"
32 (28.1%)
"Nope"
61 (53.5%)
"Perhaps, considering your personal score vs. the allotted period of time its plausible that... wait! no, there's no way."
21 (18.4%)

Total Members Voted: 115

solo2001

well, it's been a month since i last beat my record.
[15:40] DAS44: trolliest thread ever was solo's

solo2001

Okay, since i beat my record early last month it gave me alot of time to practice. I've got two weeks left before i'd have to calculate my end of month total as 0 seconds cut! I'm optimistic about getting in the 45 second range by then. (i recently got some 47's, which i would attribute partially to the music)

Boingloing

g u r l g a m e r

XaeL

lol ford u beated me in the leaderboard so i had to play for a day to get u back !!  i'm 13th now weeeeeeeee

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

solo2001

i withdraw my last statement and replace it with this one...

the last few days of tetrising were just stressful, not very fun at all. (defeating the point of playing tetris in the first place! )
i'll continue to sprint on a consistent basis, but at this point, the idea that i can cut down my time by a second every month is just unrealistic.
I'll beat my times when I beat my times. That's all there is to it.
having a more relaxed "one year challenge" will make this thing much more enjoyable.

As I said before:
Quote from: solo2001
look, even I'M not sure about the one year challenge, but i can GUARANTEE that i'll do it before i die  
Alrighty then... I'm off to play some sprint!

tempfelix

If you want, try playing with a metronome.  Set it to 60 clicks a minute, or something ridiculously slow, and play a game of sprint hard dropping on every click.  If you can do it without misdropping, set the speed up to 62 clicks a minute.  By the time you get to 130 or 140 clicks a minute, you will be unstoppable.

Someone2knoe

I've never thought of playing with a metronome, that sounds awesome!

just like in music you can speed it up a little bit and get used to it.

tempfelix

Just another thought to keep your motivation high; your best time isn't the only indicator of your improvement.  When I got my last high score of 40, i would consider a time pf 55 average, with anything below 50 to be a really good time.  My best time hasn't improved, but now i consider 50 to be average, and anything under 45 to be a really good time.  I can tell i'm improving even though my best time isn't, and it is probably the same thing with you.  Hopefully soon I'm going to have one of those really lucky games where every block goes into the right spot, and my time will go down by a couple seconds.  The same thing will happen to you.  Keep it up.

solo2001

forty four point eight four seconds...

...this pretty much sums up my feelings about the accomplishment.

iphys

GoldPlatedDish

How 'bout this music to cheer you up after getting sub45, Ford?

mcgif

beating blink huh, it will cost ya, but i've got friends. and my friends have got baseball bats. and knives. and pipes. and many books. they can beat the crap out of blink. just give me a call. and money.

Shizi

how is this ridiculous thread 14 pages
if you think getting a 25s 40line time = beating blink
you're going to be so disappointed

tempfelix

Quote from: Shizi
how is this ridiculous thread 14 pages
if you think getting a 25s 40line time = beating blink
you're going to be so disappointed

Actually, if you  had read the beginning of this ridiculous thread, you would have known that it is only about TF sprint.  He only has to get down to about 37 seconds to defeat blink.

Fraaankie

k solo, you're gonna beat blinks record on tf ok?
n i'm gonna beat his record on blockbox!
let's do this!