Tetris Friends Speed

Started by Zoltrix, October 18, 2009, 12:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoltrix

Hi, I joined this site just now because obviously some of the best players are here, anyways on sprint my best time is 1:20:00 which is alright but when I watch the 37 second time ones and what not how is it that they can move their pieces so fast? I've tried every technique possible on my keyboard and no matter what I do the piece wont go left or right that fast, how are they doing that?

Wojtek

He's just tapping movement buttons that fast: http://harddrop.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1611&hl=.
Also look for some TF Sprint tips here: http://harddrop.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1612&st=0.
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

m__

I have trouble breaking 1:20 also.  I finally hit 1:19 yesterday.

iphys

I just watched your sprint, and the stacking doesn't look too bad.  A few times you changed your mind on where to put a piece, and for sprint I think you basically have to commit to going with your first instinct rather than wasting any time finding a better place.  I think if you just try tapping as fast as you can and compare that with how fast you're tapping (if you're using taps at all) you'll find that it's possible to tap faster than you're doing, so be careful about not falling into a rhythm with that and do your taps in quick bursts when you need multiple taps.  One of the big ways to shave time is when you can just drop a piece straight down without rotating/tapping it at all, and it seems like you're not always doing that when you can, and not hard dropping as immediately as you can when that is the scenario.

medyas

I'd recommend playing 40L on blockbox. You can make it as fast as you want it to be.

Zoltrix

Thank you for all the advice guys, I guess I'm spose to tap the left or right really fast as opposed to just holding it down.

jujube

yeah, for the most part. if you're putting a piece against the wall it might be faster to hold the key down though.

tempfelix

Im at about a :45 right now.  I only tap the button if i have to go over a couple columns, if I wish to place a piece at a wall i just hold the button down.  It becomes a good time saver when you want to do double (or triple) tetrises, you can just hold the move the right key and hit hard drop when appropriate.