The Tetris BIO SENSOR

Started by solo2001, September 06, 2009, 10:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

solo2001

While scavenging for different and exciting new Tetris variations, I came across Tetris 64.
A pretty average Tetris, except that it included a Bio Sensor (a little gadget that hooks up to your ear to measure your heart rate) which is used to change the speed of the game.

I think its a pretty cool concept (possibly to help you practice staying cool under pressure), and I was wondering if anyone has ever used it in the past, or even thinks its a good idea!

-----------------

Check out FORD5000
[15:40] DAS44: trolliest thread ever was solo's

nismo

I've never used it but I think it's a very interesting concept.  I can easily see it being utilized in many different games.  I'm not sure how it would work in tetris though.  I guess you would have to somehow raise your heart rate yourself to do what you said - get practice in for staying cool under pressure.  I assume it would just make things a bit harder if all it would do is raise the speed of whatever mode/game you're playing at the time.  On the flip side it could make things easier if it slowed things down when your heart rate shot up.  Imagine if you stopped getting lines sent to you if your heart rate started getting higher..

zaphod77

there were two modes.

one slowed the game down as your heart rate went up, and the other did the opposite.

virulent

i automatically assumed if your heart rate went up, the game got faster. no adds etc. so it'd make you panic more n more until you learned how to deal with it n make your heart rate go back down
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]
[/div]