Hello from Quebec

Started by GoldPlatedDish, August 06, 2009, 07:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoldPlatedDish

Hi, I study languages, mainly Spanish and German.
Maybe I should do Russian too...just to hear the teacher tell about Tetris...

I knew about Tetris Friends for 2 weeks but I only joined in yesterday. It was also the day I discovered this forum, by seeing top scores from a guy named tc_blink...

My first game of Tetris was on the ol' Game Boy.
I also like Tetris Worlds on XBox and GBA (I have a NDS, so no problem...now I need Tetris DS).
I'm particularly partial to Sticky Tetris.

The screen name you see is also the one I use on tetrisfriends.com.
As for the jumbled mess of Tetriminos as an avatar, I couldn't find a suitable picture, so I made one with Paint.
It's amazing how much one can do with so little...

So there you have it. Oh, I'm also a fanfiction writer wannabe. My latest topic is...what else, "Tetris"?  
I hope to publish it on the Web sometime upon completion.

I look forward to talking to other Tetris aficionados like me!

Blink

heya gold, thanks for coming to the site, hope you like it here =). And yes you need TDS, the multiplayer on there is incredibly fun and deep.  Don't forget to post your fanfiction about Tetris on here when it's done, I"m sure some members would like to read it haha.

hienwa

Hey there GoldPlatedDish!

a fanfiction about Tetris? Sounds interesting, I wonder how that will turn out    
Feel free to post it on our forums!
http://www.freetoplay.org - for free online games and MMOs!

GoldPlatedDish

As a matter of fact, I've already finished the first chapters of my Tetris fanfiction: a two-part prologue and the very first chapter. The story is based on that of Tetris Worlds. Not much to it, but with some imagination, I could go far with that idea!

So the basic premise I have going on is this: a Mino alien was chosen to play Tetris in order to save its people from a star going supernova. The Mino race will flee to the 6 worlds featured in the game, plus a 7th of my own devising. The Mino protagonist has a few friends tagging along, as well as his grandma. As to what will happen next, I have no idea, other than "I'll think about this along the way."

Minos and all that are what would happen if one tried to put a story behind Tetris...but, as I said, with some speculation, it could go far.

And yes, I look forward to posting it here someday! I do hope you guys will enjoy it!