"Next Piece" Player Spotlight Nominations

Started by Blink, July 06, 2009, 02:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altim

Quote from: Ravendarksky
Knowing nothing about you or any of the hate that seems to come your way.... Why don't you just post a few videos of you playing, with decent lighting and your hands/screen in shot. You could start the video by showing your setup so we can see nothing else is running. Even if you only got an S8 or something I'm sure people would be less skeptical.

Personally I know nothing about you so I won't treat you any differently to anyone else here who posts improvements.

If you did do it then well done =D

I did this a while ago and people called video doctoring. The only thing that's going to please the TC members is some respected guy seeing me do it in person.

ohitsstef

@Altim, Paul, Aaron and Raven - this is not the appropriate thread to discuss the validity of someone's submissions, please take it to Altim's thread about his S13 or PM him. Keep in mind - in the end the community votes for POTM.

I want to keep this thread clean with submissions and positive comments.

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

Wojtek

I have suggestion to add extra rule, for POTM submition to be valid you also need to sumbit your score to records page if applicable.
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

MarioThePhenom

Quote from: Wojtek
I have suggestion to add extra rule, for POTM submition to be valid you also need to sumbit your score to records page if applicable.

what if the record is 1:30- 1:15 in 40L, i dont think that needs all that much proof:p

Quote from: PandaLol no, that's ludacris. I have a sentence generator, Blink....

ohitsstef

Quote from: MarioThePhenom
what if the record is 1:30- 1:15 in 40L, i dont think that needs all that much proof:p

hmm this is actually a good idea.
this would hold the player responsible to take a screen shot of their high scores and actually post it onto the site and use the records page.

I think I'll have players start this next month. Just so everyone knows what to do from now on.

For any POTM submission to be valid, starting in February and so on, players must update their record onto the record page and also in this thread.

& obviously the TGM fella is out of the polls for this month's POTM since he's no longer an HD member.

kopong44

last week my 40 lines :
nullpo : 1 : 24 sec
TB : 1 :25 sec
This week my 40 lines :
nullpo 1 :10 sec
TB : 1 : 03 sec

Practice really does matter  

Wojtek

Quote from: MarioThePhenom

this is not about proof, just POTM is quite active, and records page is inactive and outdated. So we can use POTM to improve records page.
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

coolmaninsano

So uh, where's the file upload for the records page?

ohitsstef

this is not about proof, just POTM is quite active, and records page is inactive and outdated. So we can use POTM to improve records page.

I agree with this too.

Quote from: coolmaninsano

Take it to Blink! :/ i don't know where that went.

gaviel

Quote from: coolmaninsano

you mean this?

http://harddrop.com/records/
[spoiler]The Fastest Word We Type Is Our "Password"[/spoiler]

Pikiwedia

Quote from: gaviel
you mean this?

http://harddrop.com/records/

No? He wants to know where the file upload on that page is. For some reason, it seems to have been removed.
[div align=\\\"center\\\"][/div]

gaviel

Quote from: Pikiwedia
No? He wants to know where the file upload on that page is. For some reason, it seems to have been removed.

Oh yeah .. My Bad .. didn't notice that it's gone ..  
[spoiler]The Fastest Word We Type Is Our "Password"[/spoiler]

ohitsstef

** Reminder: POTM submissions for January 2012 will close 1/28 at 8pm PST. I will open a POTM thread on 1/29. Voting will end on the 31st at 8pm PST. Please post/update your submissions if needed.

Although the file upload isn't currently available on the Records page, please begin using it to update your scores. Starting next month (February) I will cross check the submissions posted on this thread with the the Records page. Anyone that does not use update their records there will not be included on in the voting polls.

tjenyao

Hi, new to this thread. 3:47.75 for 40L, PB.
Posted this just to keep track of my times, I don't expect anything close to player of the month, just for some reference so that I can check back to see how much I've improved over x weeks/months.

Apocalypse

29.34 sec, 40L
4:01 mins, Survival Mode
I ate sh**.
☠ Apocalypse