Name some other keyboard remappers besides AutoHotKey

Started by Blink, July 04, 2009, 06:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blink

so I've got my hands on a Tetris Hangame account thanks to a friend, but one big problem is that the game doesn't let you customize your own keys, there's only 3 default key presets.  Thanks to some built in protection, AutoHotKey won't work for remapping the keys, does anybody know any other popular alternatives that I can try out and see if it works?  Thanks.

Rosti_LFC

Pretty sure Joy2Key is an alternative.

Could try making a custom keyboard layout in Windows to switch to for Tetris. If that wouldn't work then I'd give up.

Blink

Quote from: Rosti_LFC
Pretty sure Joy2Key is an alternative.

Could try making a custom keyboard layout in Windows to switch to for Tetris. If that wouldn't work then I'd give up.

ok thanks i'll give joy2key a try

Blink

nope, joy2key doesnt work.  blah their protection!  i give up.  Programs I've tried:  Keyboard Layout Creator, Sharpkeys, Autohotkey, Joy2key.... looks like there's no bypassing it then.

caffeine

Did you try asking about this at the AHK help forums? They've gotten me out of some tough jams before.

Blink

Quote from: caffeine
Did you try asking about this at the AHK help forums? They've gotten me out of some tough jams before.

I have a feeling this one is hopeless, i googled the name of the protection and it seems like autohotkey is one of the specific programs it was meant to block.  btw i saw your post on the news, i dont think there is replays on hangame, i still havent been able to find any yet.  Although I did find out while looking for replays that there is rooms full of 400 players...  i think right now theres about 1500-2000 players logged on hangame tetris.

caffeine

Quote from: Blink
i think right now theres about 1500-2000 players logged on hangame tetris.
Amazing.

Blink

Quote from: caffeine
Amazing.

yep , about 10 times more than TOJ.  TOJ has about 150 players on right now.  Must be the tetris league on tv over there a week ago, now a bunch of Koreans want to pick it up.

jujube

Blink

Quote from: jujube
you're on Windows 7 Blink?

yes i am, but remapping works on windows 7, because it works outside of the game.  Once in the game, my inputs arent doing anything though.

caffeine

I don't know much about this, but I seem to remember physical keyboards that have built in macro features.

Rosti_LFC

No use however if the macros are placed on extra buttons which aren't mapped to one of the default configurations.

Even then, it might not work, depending on how the macros work (could easily be some sort of software that comes with the keyboard).

Might as well give up Blink. You're trying to screw around with the inputs, which is the exact thing those programs are designed to stop.

Pineapple

Nope... there is a way to do it. But it's a lot of faff...

Buy yourself a cheap new keyboard. Take it apart and wire whatever control system you would prefer to where those controls were. Then either have both keyboards plugged in at once, or hot-swap them.
It is only when you open your mind, that you will be able to see how beautiful the world is...

jujube

i was just reading about a program called keytweak:
http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/
it was recommended from the autohotkey site, especially for people reassigning keys for games. it actually modifies your registry, and after you've reassigned keys you can close keytweak. whatever changes you make will stay until you reboot the computer. it might be worth a try. i would try it myself but i'm not running Windows.

Blink

Quote from: jujube
i was just reading about a program called keytweak:
http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/
it was recommended from the autohotkey site, especially for people reassigning keys for games. it actually modifies your registry, and after you've reassigned keys you can close keytweak. whatever changes you make will stay until you reboot the computer. it might be worth a try. i would try it myself but i'm not running Windows.

okay just tried it, same effect as using Sharpkeys:  the remaps work outside of game but in game it's like they were never remapped.  I'm pretty sure this is hopeless besides rewiring your keyboard, so I give up.