[Gameboy Tetris]

Started by jujube, June 30, 2009, 10:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okey_Dokey

I recorded 2 videos, one for multi-line clears in normal mode, and one for majorly single-line clears in Heart Mode. I recommend not watching the Heart Mode one because it's long and boring.

max-out in 474 lines, 7 Tetrises in Level 20:

Heart Mode max-out in 1008 lines:

--------------------

In case of 999,999 points I would suggest to also add after how many lines the max-out was achieved. Of course only when the amount of lines is known. Simply for the reason that earlier max-outs are harder to achieve because you must have a higher ratio of Tetrises (resp. Tetrises and Triples in level 20).

Quote from: SisuOP seems updated with scores in this thread.
Thanks Sisu!

Quote from: Sisuhere add some more

Joey Toma 999,999
You could have listed him in the first post. He shouldn't have any objections for being listed here.

Quote from: jujube
  • TCM-ぬぅ (TCM-NU) 701107pt (Lv.0)
  • TCM-ぬぅ (TCM-NU) 600221pt
That's weird that someone scored higher starting in level 0. Note that in Japan there's been an early version with a different level progression. If you start in level 0, then you reach level 20 after 310 lines. If you start in level 9 you'll reach level 20 after 220 lines. So, maybe that guy played that early version.

iljain

so cool didn't know you were this good...i could only hit 6,700000.
and i'm left-handed so i tap pretty fast with my left thumb...and you work better than me with crossed hands

btw...can you also show me the custom sound effect of 10 combo in cultris 2 that you posted video on youtube? the grand finale....
i really liked the se...so hilarious...

the video i'm metioning about is this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vol1UScpy0M

Pineapple

Quote from: Phosis
Hey guys, I'm new here. Awesome to see a thread about Gameboy Tetris. I've been playing Tetris since Game Boy back in the early nineties but over the last year or so have been taking it more seriously and spending a lot of time with the game. I play all sorts of variations but spend most of my time on the Game Boy version. This is the best score I've done so far.

[attachmentid=1060]

A long way to go to catch up to a lot of you! I find the Game Boy version to be a big challenge, but it is the one I am best at so far (I can barely break 200,000 in the NES version) I recently switched to playing on a Game Boy Pocket since I like the DPad a lot more.
Good score. Even better photo. How the fuck do you manage to get that looking so bright and colourful?

Anyway, so it looks like I entirely forgot to update my score here when I pulled this off back in 2013:

[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://i.imgur.com/myGA60C.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"500\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://i.imgur.com/myGA60C.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

Given that my previous best at the was 380-ish, and I was only hoping for 400k? That... yeah. I've only once come close to that since then (417k), and that was over a year later. I'm way too inconsistent at this game...
It is only when you open your mind, that you will be able to see how beautiful the world is...

Okey_Dokey

Quote from: iljainbtw...can you also show me the custom sound effect of 10 combo in cultris 2 that you posted video on youtube? the grand finale....
i really liked the se...so hilarious...

the video i'm metioning about is this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vol1UScpy0M
You must mean that sound: [attachmentid=1064]
To use custom sounds in Cultris II download this zip file. It contains *.jar files which are Java archive files. Open them with WinRAR, and navigate to the data folder and you'll find all (tracked) music songs, sounds (exp-01.ogg to exp-16.ogg) and avatars. Double click a jar file (or use the corresponding cultrisstarter.bat file) and Java should start Cultris.

Said zip file will contain:
cultris2original.jar - non-modified Cultris
cultris2ponies.jar - the version I played in the video
cultris2silence.jar - Cultris without music and with ogg sounds converted to wav

I made that last jar because someone in the Cultris forum was claiming that the music would cause lag spikes. I don't think so, I still got those "piece appears at wall although I just tapped" situations. The zip file will also contain priority.bat which can be used to change the priority of all currently running processes. You have to execute it with Admin Priviliges to really change the priority of all processes. Before you use priority.bat (right click -> run as admin), you'll have to open it with a text editor and change the line cd "C:\Games\Tetris\Cultris2Mod" to the folder where the mod is installed. When changing the priority, I could use repeat delay = 3.5 in Cultris but it felt like the game was running slower. Note that I use neither cultris2silence.jar nor priority.bat (I use the standard CultrisII installment), but maybe it helps on other computers.

Maske

How wonderful it is a nostalgic topic for me. I wonder if jujube is doing fine.

Apo

Hi! Is there any Type-B (0-5 or 9-5 for example) high scores?

JaggerG

Yay a good score :^3
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/256499257199165442/378822296598741002/image.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"500\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/256499257199165442/378822296598741002/image.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

Okey_Dokey

I updated the first post (only checked scores after Sisu's post). If someone doesn't want to be included, then say so.

Quote from: ApoHi! Is there any Type-B (0-5 or 9-5 for example) high scores?
One year late reply: First post includes 9-0 heart mode (aka 25 lines at level 19 speed without any initial garbage). I can include 9-5 (without heart mode) in first post, although it's a little luck based. 0-5 is too slow in my opinion.

--------

I had recorded some Type-B 9-5 heart mode clearances some weeks ago.

sinewave

hi there, i'm "new" to harddrop (i forgot i once made an account here oops) - i also play on heart mode and i did a thing yesterday:

yes it's on an emulator, but could this potentially be the highest 9 heart-5 score ever? i haven't really seen any better ones so far...

Okey_Dokey

Yes, this could be indeed the highest level-9-heart high-5 score ever. I only know of ~4 people clearing that mode with proof (there should be many more) and they rather focused on just beating it (and not score). I could imagine getting 2 Tetrises (I don't really want to play B-type though) but for everything above I would need an insane amount of luck (first you need a lot of restarts before you get a game where you can survive the first few lines, then you must downstack as far as possible in only ~15 cleared lines and finally you need to receive the I pieces at the exact right time).

---------------------

I added some very rudementary leaderboards for B-type in the first post. More precisely, level 9 high 5 (with and without heart mode) and level 9 high 0 (heart mode only). In case of level 9 high 5 heart mode, I added sinewave's score despite it being played on an emulator, just to have a start (I also know that he beat that mode on an actual GameBoy). In case of level 9 high 5 (no heart), I added the top score of Twin Galaxies because this guy also posted it to TetrisConcept. Level 9 high 0 is still empty because I am not aware of any good scores (good would be at least 5 Tetrises in my opinion).

tao

I've been lurking for a while, trying to get that max-out.
I recently got frustratingly close, so I wanted to share.

[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"https://i.imgur.com/Nc0TnLB.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"500\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"https://i.imgur.com/Nc0TnLB.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

XaeL

Quote from: sinewave
hi there, i'm "new" to harddrop (i forgot i once made an account here oops) - i also play on heart mode and i did a thing yesterday:

yes it's on an emulator, but could this potentially be the highest 9 heart-5 score ever? i haven't really seen any better ones so far...
Its very good, but you have 17 singles, and downstack pretty much to the bottom. A higher score could be achieved in that very run by doing a double before the final tetris. Stacking higher + more tetris's would lead to a way higher (but also more frustrating to do) score.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

Okey_Dokey

Quote from: taoI've been lurking for a while, trying to get that max-out.
Congratulations and my sympathies at the same time. I see you didn't even bother to enter your name (A). Game Boy Light delivers such a clear image, it's probably the better option for GB Tetris than one of those back-lit Game Boy Advances (because of controls/button layout and only few visual delay). Reminds me that Blink bought a Tetris Pocket and modified it to have backlight (but he never actually played Game Boy Tetris afterwards).

tao

Quote from: Okey_Dokey
Quote from: taoI've been lurking for a while, trying to get that max-out.
Congratulations and my sympathies at the same time. I see you didn't even bother to enter your name (A). Game Boy Light delivers such a clear image, it's probably the better option for GB Tetris than one of those back-lit Game Boy Advances (because of controls/button layout and only few visual delay). Reminds me that Blink bought a Tetris Pocket and modified it to have backlight (but he never actually played Game Boy Tetris afterwards).
Thank you. Yes, I can't even get close to that score again right now. And yeah, the Light is such a comfortable machine. I'm just bummed that mine has some bad screen cancer.

sinewave

Quote from: XaeL
Quote from: sinewave
-snip-

Its very good, but you have 17 singles, and downstack pretty much to the bottom. A higher score could be achieved in that very run by doing a double before the final tetris. Stacking higher + more tetris's would lead to a way higher (but also more frustrating to do) score.

while thats true, i saw the opportunity and wanted to take it. no way in hell i'm gonna risk losing a run like that haha

the grind took quite a lot longer than you might potentially think