What do you listen to while playing Tetris?

Started by Blink, June 28, 2009, 10:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NOISEassault

I'll listen to pretty much anything, but it seems that psytrance stuff tends to help me focus better.

jujube

i hardly ever listen to music when i play tetris. but when i used to play typomino it would drive me crazy, so i would put on some Steve Vai, Santana, or Tom Petty (Wildflowers CD start to finish, every song is good).

kaboofa

I will even link to imeem/lastfm/youtube when I can

Sirio - Transaminasi
Angerfist - Terror of My Speedcore
Noize Suppressor - Hardcore Junky
Noize Suppressor - Chronicles
Noize Suppressor - Holes in Your Chest
Venetian Snares - Winnipeg is a Dogs—t D—o
Venetian Snares - Die Winnipeg Die Die Die F—kers Die
HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR - Ichirin no hana ~huge hollow mix~ (weeeaboooooo alert D: )
Bob Marley - Three Little Birds

Most of them are fast and make me try to match the bpm — especially that Bob Marley jam — it's really fast!   Then I misdrop like it's my job.

Rosti_LFC

Quote from: kaboofa
Bob Marley - Three Little Birds
Most of them are fast and make me try to match the bpm — especially that Bob Marley jam — it's really fast!   Then I misdrop like it's my job.

I think you'll have to drop the Bob Marley when you get better. It's definitely not 2.5 pieces per second paced stuff IMO.
Good song though.

clincher

I listen mostly rock it helps sometimes if its fast paced some examples would be:
Dark Chest Of Wonders - Nightwish
Violence Fetish - Disturbed
etc etc
It's all about the love

kaboofa

Quote from: Rosti_LFC
I think you'll have to drop the Bob Marley when you get better. It's definitely not 2.5 pieces per second paced stuff IMO.
Good song though.

No no, that's for when I'm playing "elevated *coughdrugscough* Tetris   I was being silly by saying it's very fast.

For example, Transaminasi by Sirio is 194 BPM which is 3.233... beats/second    Terror of my speedcore is about 2.7 beats/second.

Quote from: clincher
I listen mostly rock it helps sometimes if its fast paced some examples would be:
etc etc

HURRAY NIGHTWISH!

Pineapple

I generally listen to whatever music the game that I'm playing has, and often find myself humming a harmony line to the music, especially if the music is rather simple. For some reason, it helps me to concentrate...
It is only when you open your mind, that you will be able to see how beautiful the world is...

SiRTeTRiS

Gonna have to go with Daft Punk, RJD2, Rob Dougan...usually most anything fast paced though.

oliv

MzSlowmo

Corrosive

Quote from: clincher
etc etc

props to nightwish
"私は高速ブロックとセクシーな女性が好き"
"Put some stank on those blocks."

SneakyDave

so sneaky

tepples

Usually the default background music of the game I'm working on. So:
Mozart's "Leck mich im Arsch" canon in B-flat (K. 231).
As in "yes, I put Ti rotation and lockdown rules into an NES game, so kiss my bottom Arika".

When I play Klax? Speed metal.

Quotethat's for when I'm playing "elevated *coughdrugscough* Tetris
Elevated as in a GBA game with music vaguely reminiscent of Mechanical Animals-era Marilyn Manson?

Magnanimous

I usually go for more casual jazz/funk when I play... Metal's nice, but I'm a lot better at Tetris when I'm relaxed.  Lately I've been listening to Galactic - I just have to remember to skip certain songs, or the tempo changes will throw me off.

Witch Doctor - Galactic
Best 40 Lines: 37:74 (162.18 TPM) on NullpoMino

Blink

Quote from: Magnanimous
I usually go for more casual jazz/funk when I play... Metal's nice, but I'm a lot better at Tetris when I'm relaxed.  Lately I've been listening to Galactic - I just have to remember to skip certain songs, or the tempo changes will throw me off.

Witch Doctor - Galactic

lol you weren't kidding when you said you play relaxed.  that song is so mellow.