Topic naming convention: Strategy section

Started by Digital, June 28, 2009, 04:46:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digital

Looking at the Records section, I thought it would be nice to apply the same idea of using brackets to label threads. For the strategy section, we could identify whether the guide will be "Beginner", "Intermediate", or "Advanced." The granularity of the scale can be debated but I think those 3 are a nice start. What do you guys think?

jujube

i think it would help. it made it easier to search through records threads at TC and find what you were looking for quickly.

Corrosive

"私は高速ブロックとセクシーな女性が好き"
"Put some stank on those blocks."

Digital

Well, if no one objects, I'll start adding the tags later and then you guys can take it from there.

Here's what I'm thinking.

"Beginner" marks a thread that is geared towards someone with barely any grasp of the game mechanics. They are typically independent and basic in content, requiring no knowledge beforehand. "Intermediate" threads are directed at players who have at least a fundamental understanding of the basics. Tetris jargon is fine here. And "Advanced" should deal with complex analyses. If you see any math, it probably belongs here.

Digital

And they're up. I had a small change of plans. I was going to add the brackets into the thread titles but thought it looked a lot less intrusive in the description. Any differing opinions or suggestions?

clincher

Looks good should help, but are you sure Blink's tips are "Beginner", yeah they're pretty general but Blink's assuming people know the game's mechanics
It's all about the love

Digital

I sort of thought so too and that's why I asked him myself!   I guess I see it from his point of view though. Go dumb your guide down blink!