Hard Drop 2013

Started by Corrosive, February 06, 2013, 01:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corrosive

I start logical constructive threads like this with good intentions to solve the 0 players online problem that you guys can't fix and every time I get mocked or attacked. So if you want HD to be a lame ass forum site that over-analyzes everything like tetrisconcept is then fine I'll move on like potion & vapid and the rest of the old school players have. I don't care anymore. Peace.
"私は高速ブロックとセクシーな女性が好き"
"Put some stank on those blocks."

myndzi

Cut it out. Corrosive posted a relevant thread with actual content. No need to troll it out of existence. Further posts trolling / bringing in outside stuff (e.g. religion, conspiracy theories, etc.) will be deleted. Everyone who posted such a response already, you are on notice. Next time will be probation.

Corrosive: Tetrinet2 and Blockbox are essentially dead. "The old days" are gone, and why? Because games like Tetris Friends exist, and that's where most of the players went. You seem to think that being assholes to each other makes communities stronger, but you seem to be in the minority that finds motivation that way. Since you know what to do, what's stopping you from doing it?

meow

Cultris 2 is alive, well, and growing.

DAS44

I'm going to get something off my chest. I have only skimmed the thread very briefly, besides the OP.

Corrosive, insulting the owner of this site is the same sort of elitist drivel that has earned you so much hate here. For fuck's sake.

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]If I ran this site the traffic would go through the roof and people wouldn't be spread out across different games. I think likely that Blink is content with how things are and doesn't care or he just isn't competent enough. If I were running things it would be so much better because I know what needs to happen to recreate a scene mirroring the olden days of tetrinet2. if i didn't have so much fun on tnet2 and blockbox I would have been gone many years ago. it was us hardcore players who started the multiplayer scene, saved the scene from the brink of oblivion after TTC closed tetrinet2, and are still keeping it going with the effort of our generous programmers Deniax & nullpo people. It was a mistake to ever hold hands with TTC, it doubled/tripled the amount of visitors to the site but this hasn't been compelling me to play for quite a long time now because we STILL have the problem of 0 players online on Nullpomino and I don't even know what the most popular fan game is anymore or where everyone is playing at. Clearly things are seriously wrong and changes need to happen. It is really mind-blowing if nobody else sees it but me. For the love of God get everyone on one game. Everything on here is way too individualistic and people obsessing over their times and scores. Most people on here don't know this but nothing compares to playing for a clan/team and having rivalries and huge motivation to improve.[/quote]

Let's examine this.

You say if you were running the site (and truth be told I'm baffled you haven't been banned yet) it would be thriving. You present a single plan of uniting tetris players on one game. How exactly do you plan to go about that? It's not as simple as saying you can do ____ (unless you're running for president, then do whatever the heck you want, <insert rant about presidential expectations gap here>), and accomplishing it.

So players wouldn't be spread out between a bunch of platforms? How the hell do you plan to ensure that? A dictatorship of tetris? People will play what they want to play, this is a game, not life.

So the good ol' days? Have you ever considered that things have evolved from the old school community for a reason? Perhaps it's a natural evolution of the tetris community, or perhaps it's as baffling and execrable as you seem to think. People tend to develop a sort of blinding nostalgia (there's a term for it, I've forgotten it though), and sometimes what you're glorifying really wasn't all that great to begin with, it's just what you were accustomed to.

On the other hand, I'll leave Paradox to the summary of TTC. They have not done anything (as I've seen, though I've been somewhat MIA) to promote the competitive community.

I would love to see some more rivalry, some more heat in the competitive scene that would stir up this stasis that we've fallen into of late. Though, tetris lacks the layered nature of some other games (class based fpses perhaps), it's entirely possible to create a functioning competitive system (that is ideally open to new players too). That being said the tetris community might lack the required size to form any sort of reliable league (or perhaps nobody has really committed to it)

And desire to play for competition only really applies to a small portion of any community. If you compare casual players to competitive players in nearly any game, the casual players will tend to outnumber the competitive players. At its heart, the game should be fun as it is. It shouldn't be reliant on competition.

At least this is better than the religious nutjobbery I'm used to seeing from you.

I don't see the reason in your logic, I just understand the plot / Tears for the Sheep

Oh yes, and last I checked C2 was flourishing. Why not invest in that?

Corrosive

drop it, I give up. Nobody agrees with me and if they do they never back me up. All I think is that there are too many games. This is not a game anymore it is 4 or more games spread apart. Its not fun and I will never like Cultris 2 because the sensitivity is too damn slippery/strange despite all my attempts to make it normal. nothing compares to tnet2 days when i was 13-14 when i played 3v3 or 2v2 specials with someone I like against two punks I wanted to crush. the game was more simple then too and it was just about stacking and downstacking. you'll never understand cause you weren't there. i'm leaving it behind. p.s. I never started any threads just to gain attention or be a troll, I adamantly believed in the information/point I was trying to get across with all my heart.
"私は高速ブロックとセクシーな女性が好き"
"Put some stank on those blocks."

myndzi

Corrosive, I think you need to face it that you're getting old like the rest of us

CaptainPaul

Other than everything not regarding Tetris, I actually get where Corrosive is coming from quite a bit. He has a passion for Tetris, and he wants to act upon it to make Tetris more exciting again.
My disagreement is that I no longer think that nullpo can be the game to settle on. Old players leave and new players don't show up because it's not a game that caters to all players like C2 does. I got really tired of the complete lack of players on Nullpo and have switched to C2 (most likely permanently) where there is a decent competitive scene. Piece movement is just a subtle thing that you have to get used to. It's not a substantial reason for dismissing a game.

PS: The team settings on Cultris are lots of fun. The recent team tournament is a pretty good display of that. Honestly, it looked like some of the team spirit that Corrosive wants to return.

caffeine

Quote from: Corrosive
I will never like Cultris 2 because the sensitivity is too damn slippery/strange despite all my attempts to make it normal.
Download the latest C2 from Gewaltig. Go to options > advanced settings. Put keyboard "Delay" at 7 and "Repeat speed" all the way to the right. Test. If it's too slippery, change "Delay" to 7.5. If it's too "sticky" change it to 6.5. Keep "Repeat speed" all the way to the right. Rinse and repeat.

Quote from: Corrosive
p.s. I never started any threads just to gain attention or be a troll, I adamantly believed in the information/point I was trying to get across with all my heart.

Most of what you say comes off as swollen-headed and antagonistic. Here are some examples of what you've claimed in this thread alone:
  • HDers are ignorant to the problems with TTC and aren't actually upset. You alone are able to see these problems.
  • Blink doesn't care or isn't competent.
  • You are a much better webmaster.
  • Most people here are ignorant to how fun (your definition of) Tetris competition is.
  • People are nerds for coming here since there's no value in it.
  • We should get everyone off this site and put them on a game server instead.
  • The fact that I enjoy analyzing Tetris means I should want to shoot myself in the face.
  • Tetris events/meetings are nerdy and you don't give a "CRAP."
  • Tetris is in most cases "unhealthy" and "a waste of time" unless it fits your particular framework of what Tetris should be.
  • Having friends on the internet "looks laughable and immature to most normal girls"--apparently your standard to which we should all hold ourselves to.
  • Single player Tetris is "selfish."
Whether you realize it or not, this is flaimbait. It's impossible to have a rational discussion with someone who shows no respect for the people he's trying to reach. Almost all of your threads have reached the level of Poe's Law at one point or another. If you really want to get across to people and win them over to your side, I think this book could really help you. You also try to preach the Word to non-believers, right? I think this book could help you a great deal with that as well. In fact, if you'd PM me your address, I would like to send you my own copy. I only recommend it because it helped me a great deal.

Sisu

Corrosive,

Caffeine and I have defended your rabble-rousing in the past. We believed your heart was in the right place. This is your intervention. The people who love you are letting you know you have finally lost your shit bro. Your ignorant comments disrespect the dev team and the flourishing playerbase of C2:

[!--ImageUrlBegin--][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://i.imgur.com/VBOlHZD.png\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

Now you are no different than any pussy bitch spawned on Tetris Friends who doesn't have the balls to throw down without his precious bag of spins. Get your [a href=\\\"http://harddrop.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4651]sorry team
together and put your game where your mouth is, you punkass cousinfucking scrub.

Paradox

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--] Cut it out. Corrosive posted a relevant thread with actual content [/quote]

Can you honestly say you read his post before saying that.

Caffeine's summary of corrosive's argument is pretty accurate.
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

SecretSalander

Quote from: Paradox
Can you honestly say you read his post before saying that.

Caffeine's summary of corrosive's argument is pretty accurate.

you cant just put everyone on one platform because tetris itself is so diverse. some people prefer just straight up stacking and downstacking but other people like combos, spins, etc.
40 line sprint in Nullpomino: 32.88

Paradox

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]you cant just put everyone on one platform because tetris itself is so diverse. some people prefer just straight up stacking and downstacking but other people like combos, spins, etc. [/quote]

Ok, but what did that have to do with anything that I said? lol.
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

Paul676

lol paradox you are so trained to thinking that anyone who quotes you is arguing against you that you get confused when they're agreeing with you
               Tetris Belts!

SecretSalander

Quote from: Paradox
Ok, but what did that have to do with anything that I said? lol.
sorry i suck at harddrop i dont know how to like not quote people i just hit add reply button
40 line sprint in Nullpomino: 32.88

Paradox

Quote from: Paul676
lol paradox you are so trained to thinking that anyone who quotes you is arguing against you that you get confused when they're agreeing with you

He quoted me then said something totally irrelevant and I asked what that had to do with it. Wouldn't anyone have the same response to ask what it had to do with what he quoted?