Split from: New poster moderation

Started by ohitsstef, December 03, 2012, 02:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XaeL

Quote from: myndzi
I'm done posting about this here. You know how to get ahold of me if you desire.
Yeah, by asking you to answer the question in the public forum.

Moderator transparency.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

myndzi

We don't need your trolling here XaeL.

Steph: you repeatedly write posts with one meaning then vehemently deny the obvious meaning of what you wrote. When you're called on it, you play innocent and blame the reader for your poor choice of words, and further claim that you're being singled out or mistreated. This is habitual of your posting when you disagree with something, but it is not an effective way to achieve whatever it is that you want.

You are biased against either moderation in general or me personally, and it shows in everything you write on the subject. You can't resist chiming in with pot-shots at any opportunity that arises, but you refuse to acknowledge what you're doing. Maybe you don't honestly know you're doing it? I guess only you can tell.

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]What words should I be held responsible for?[/quote]
You are responsible for what you write. Language doesn't mean what's most convenient for you, it means what people understand it to mean. You are responsible for choosing words that convey your meaning, or at least clarifying misunderstandings. Clarifying involves presenting a plausible and reasonable interpretation of what was misunderstood.

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]And what words were you to be held responsible for that you haven't written?[/quote]
You accuse others [me] of wrongdoing that simply doesn't exist. You want to hold people responsible for things you make up on the spot because it's easier to accuse someone else than to acknowledge a mistake.

If you were to truly look back through our communications when we were in conflict, you will note that I acknowledge my words and support my claims with evidence and admit when I'm wrong. On the other hand, you deny your words and support your claims with fallacies, refusing to acknowledge anything but your own perfection.

That might work on some people, but you're going to have to present me with a real, actual argument if you want to convince me of anything. If you're not trying to convince me, the only reason for posting the way you do is to troll or flame, in which case we're better off without the post to begin with.

ohitsstef

Steph: you repeatedly write posts with one meaning then vehemently deny the obvious meaning of what you wrote. When you're called on it, you play innocent and blame the reader for your poor choice of words, and further claim that you're being singled out or mistreated. This is habitual of your posting when you disagree with something, but it is not an effective way to achieve whatever it is that you want.

You are biased against either moderation in general or me personally, and it shows in everything you write on the subject. You can't resist chiming in with pot-shots at any opportunity that arises, but you refuse to acknowledge what you're doing. Maybe you don't honestly know you're doing it? I guess only you can tell.
You are responsible for what you write. Language doesn't mean what's most convenient for you, it means what people understand it to mean. You are responsible for choosing words that convey your meaning, or at least clarifying misunderstandings. Clarifying involves presenting a plausible and reasonable interpretation of what was misunderstood.
You accuse others [me] of wrongdoing that simply doesn't exist. You want to hold people responsible for things you make up on the spot because it's easier to accuse someone else than to acknowledge a mistake.

If you were to truly look back through our communications when we were in conflict, you will note that I acknowledge my words and support my claims with evidence and admit when I'm wrong. On the other hand, you deny your words and support your claims with fallacies, refusing to acknowledge anything but your own perfection.

That might work on some people, but you're going to have to present me with a real, actual argument if you want to convince me of anything. If you're not trying to convince me, the only reason for posting the way you do is to troll or flame, in which case we're better off without the post to begin with.

Do you read what I write without bias?

Dude, seriously. Ask anyone who has read that previous thread - my reply was a suggestion. Get the fuck over it, you're dragging it out and making a mound out of a molehill.

Poor choice of words? I simply replied back, "Sounds like you an active mod, Myndzi. balhbalhbalh someone who will mod and not just show off their badge" something along those lines.

So what? I didn't add in the word "another" and you're on my case?

"Biased against either moderation in general or me personally, and it shows in everything you write on the subject."
I told you to get another mod. What bias is there? It seems that you have your plates full so having another active mod wouldn't hurt.

"You are responsible for choosing words that convey your meaning.. or at least clarifying misunderstandings."
Isn't that what I've been doing in all of my replies?? Continuously telling you that I was only suggesting to you to get another mod? And your replies were
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]You don't really have any ground to stand on after giving up in less than a week. It's pretty unfair of you to complain about other people's time investment when you won't volunteer your own.
[/quote]
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]Maybe the reason I keep bringing it up is because you keep complaining about moderation?
[/quote]
(where is my complaint?)
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]I am replying to what you write. If you mean something else, write something else.[/quote]
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]I have no feud with steph. I will respond to any questions or statement about my behavior as a mod because that's my responsibility. I will do it as reasonably and respectfully as possible, but that doesn't mean I will not disagree or point out flaws in arguments.[/quote]
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]The only seeming here is that you seem not to want to be responsible for your words, while at the same time holding me responsible for words that I haven't written. Maybe things would seem different if you attempted to interpret them without your current bias.[/quote]
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]I'm done posting about this here. You know how to get ahold of me if you desire.[/quote]
and finally that load of crap up there

You only admitted you were wrong after a few other members talked to you about it on the shoutbox. It was obvious that you were never going to admit you were wrong without them saying anything. Now you continuously bringing up 2 past situations that we're supposed to be through with 1- that I stopped being mod after 1 week (boohoo) 2 - that I have a "problem" with you (or mods in general)

like I've told you, I'm not interested in being mod because there's a conflict of interest.
A suggestion is a suggestion, I'm not forcing you to do anything. And secondly, I don't have a problem against mods if they're doing their job correctly.. nor do I have a problem with you because that's all in the past. If you're wondering why I deleted you off Facebook and Skype - I already told you. It's because you were talking shit about me after you banned me on HD and then banned other users who were standing up for me. I don't want to be friends with someone like that. But that's all in the past and I'm not going to hold any of that against you when you're trying to improve the site and community.

From your replies though, it's apparent you have a problem with me for whatever reason. You're always trying to start up arguments and rub me the wrong way. I don't like arguing just for the sake of arguing, it's a waste of my time. But when you tell me that I can't give out a simple suggestion just because I gave up mod and it gives me "no ground" really annoys me. I've given suggestions on how to improve Harddrop since I've joined and I wasn't mod back then.. so I mean.. "no ground" really? Saying that I "chime in with pot-shots".. where are my pot shots? You're reading way too much into my first reply which was simply, "Get another mod." Where are you getting these hidden messages from?

I came back to Harddrop, to help out here and there and I get this treatment from you. Just from a simple reply. If you can't let things from the past go, move on, stop taking jabs at me for quitting mod after 1 week, and realize that the things I suggest for HD are meant to be for the good of the community.. then I'm glad that I wasn't mod for very long with you as admin.

It's obvious this conversation is not getting anywhere because you're stubborn. That's whatever. I don't wish to contact you any further concerning this silly matter because it's like talking to a wall - a waste of my time. Whether you decide to believe me or not.. that's your problem. You can instigate arguments with other members, I'm not on Harddrop for you nor am I trying to improve Harddrop for you - it's for the community. Maybe you should put your time into fixing things on the website
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7190129/fuckedup.PNG\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7190129/fuckedup.PNG\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]
instead of nitpicking over my replies.

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

myndzi

Quote from: ohitsstef
Do you read what I write without bias?
Yes.
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]Dude, seriously. Ask anyone who has read that previous thread - my reply was a suggestion. Get the fuck over it, you're dragging it out and making a mound out of a molehill. [/quote]
I already tried to end the discussion twice. You asked me a direct question, and I answered to the best of my ability.
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]Poor choice of words? I simply replied back, "Sounds like you an active mod, Myndzi. balhbalhbalh someone who will mod and not just show off their badge" something along those lines. [/quote]
Since you seem to have forgotten, here is the exact quote.
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]Sounds like you need an active mod on the site, Myndzi. Someone who mod and not just flash the mod badge around.[/quote]
The thread was posted by me, I was the only active moderator in the thread, I am mostly the only active moderator on the site, I am the only moderator you have a history of complaints against, and your post is addressed to me.

The first sentence implies that there is no active mod on the site, which is patently false and I responded saying so.

The second sentence implies that "someone" or "someones" just "flash the mod badge around" instead of actually modding.

If you or anyone else has another interpretation of the meaning of these sentences in this context, please share.
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]So what? I didn't add in the word "another" and you're on my case? [/quote]
I'm not on your case. I pointed out that I was active, and you've been arguing with me ever since that you didn't say what you said, even though it's right there on the site to read.
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]I told you to get another mod. [/quote]
This is false. You later claimed that you did, but you have never actually provided any evidence to support this statement.
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]What bias is there? It seems that you have your plates full so having another active mod wouldn't hurt.
[/quote]
The bias shows in the way you show up in any thread or conversation about moderation with complaints about "the mods", or more specifically, myself - since I'm the only one doing any of the things you take issue with.
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]"You are responsible for choosing words that convey your meaning.. or at least clarifying misunderstandings."
Isn't that what I've been doing in all of my replies?? Continuously telling you that I was only suggesting to you to get another mod? And your replies were
(where is my complaint?) [/quote]
Here, you've left off the last sentence distort the meaning of the statement. Let me refresh your memory:
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]You are responsible for what you write. Language doesn't mean what's most convenient for you, it means what people understand it to mean. You are responsible for choosing words that convey your meaning, or at least clarifying misunderstandings. Clarifying involves presenting a plausible and reasonable interpretation of what was misunderstood.[/quote]
You have not presented a plausible and reasonable interpretation of your post, you have merely insisted that words mean what you say they mean, not what the English language says they mean.
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]You only admitted you were wrong after a few other members talked to you about it on the shoutbox.[/quote]
Admitting wrong means that you did one thing, understood it was a mistake, and owned it. There is no situation where a person would "admit wrongness" without first changing their mind. This sentence is a non-statement.
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]It was obvious that you were never going to admit you were wrong without them saying anything.[/quote]
This is an unsupported assertment of opinion that can never be proved one way or the other.
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]Now you continuously bringing up 2 past situations that we're supposed to be through with[/quote]
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]1- that I stopped being mod after 1 week (boohoo) [/quote]
I don't care whether you want to be a mod or not. However, you prove that you would rather criticize others than promote change yourself. I bring it up only when it is relevant, as it is in this case. This also hinges on the interpretation of your original statement as a criticism of the current moderation, which you will not acknowledge.
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]2 - that I have a "problem" with you (or mods in general) [/quote]
This is evidenced by the fact that you show up in every thread or discussion that has to do with moderation with a will to tell everybody how discontent you are with the moderation in some way or another. "Having a problem with" something simply means you disagree with it. You've made it abundantly clear that you disagree with the direction and leadership of moderation on this site.
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]like I've told you, I'm not interested in being mod because there's a conflict of interest.[/quote]
Then stop trying to back-seat mod.
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]A suggestion is a suggestion...[/quote]
You are assuming an unproven premise.
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]..., I'm not forcing you to do anything. And secondly, I don't have a problem against mods if they're doing their job correctly.. [/quote]
This "correctness" is defined by the moderation/administration team. It is impossible for a site's administration to do its job "incorrectly" - it is, however, possible to do the job in a way that people disagree with. Saying that a mod is "not doing their job correctly" is most closely equivalent to saying that you disagree with them, but without actually saying what you mean.
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]Nor do I have a problem with you because that's all in the past.[/quote]
Indeed.
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]If you're wondering why I deleted you off Facebook and Skype[/quote]
I'm not.
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]I already told you. It's because you were talking shit about me after you banned me on HD and then banned other users who were standing up for me. I don't want to be friends with someone like that. But that's all in the past and I'm not going to hold any of that against you when you're trying to improve the site and community.[/quote]
I have no way to reference this, so I can't respond in any way.
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]From your replies though, it's apparent you have a problem with me for whatever reason.[/quote]
I don't have a problem with you, I have a problem with your conduct in specific cases.
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]You're always trying to start up arguments and rub me the wrong way. [/quote]
I beg to differ, but I suppose that's a matter of perspective. I corrected an incorrect statement and commented on the tone and meaning of your post. Then we argued. This also hinges on the meaning of the original post, which is disputed, so this cannot be resolved.
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]I don't like arguing just for the sake of arguing, it's a waste of my time.[/quote]
You must, because you can't put an argument down.
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]I was going to let this go but nahhh[/quote]
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]But when you tell me that I can't give out a simple suggestion just because I gave up mod and it gives me "no ground" really annoys me.[/quote]
Unproven premise coupled with a misquote. For reference:
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]
You don't really have any ground to stand on after giving up in less than a week. It's pretty unfair of you to complain about other people's time investment when you won't volunteer your own.
[/quote]
What I said was that you had "no ground" to stand on as far as complaining about other peoples' time investment. In this case, I was referring specifically to belittling the time and effort of myself and anyone else who works on and for the site and community.

I don't believe that complaining that others aren't doing what you won't do is a strong argument, do you?
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]I've given suggestions on how to improve Harddrop since I've joined and I wasn't mod back then.. so I mean.. "no ground" really?[/quote]
You seem to believe that because you didn't want to mod that I'm saying that you can't ever talk about anything to do with moderation. This is incorrect. The only things I want from you are to 1) be respectful, just like I ask of everybody towards everybody on this site, and 2) don't belittle people for not doing things that you refuse to do yourself.
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]Saying that I "chime in with pot-shots".. where are my pot shots?[/quote]
You call them "suggestions"
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]You're reading way too much into my first reply which was simply, "Get another mod."[/quote]
I'm reading no more than what was stated. You have yet to offer a shred of evidence that your words do not mean what they said, which was not "get another mod".
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]Where are you getting these hidden messages from?[/quote]
They're not hidden, they're in plain sight right there. You can go read them, if you want.
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]I came back to Harddrop, to help out here and there and I get this treatment from you. Just from a simple reply. If you can't let things from the past go, move on, stop taking jabs at me for quitting mod after 1 week, and realize that the things I suggest for HD are meant to be for the good of the community.. then I'm glad that I wasn't mod for very long with you as admin.[/quote]
Wrapping up with ad hominem, nice touch. You put yourself in the position of victim, reinforce your unsupported premise, then make accusations against my motivation and meaning that have nothing to do with what I have written. Maybe I should ask where you are getting your "hidden messages" from?
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]It's obvious this conversation is not getting anywhere because you're stubborn. That's whatever. I don't wish to contact you any further concerning this silly matter because it's like talking to a wall - a waste of my time. Whether you decide to believe me or not.. that's your problem.[/quote]
More ad hominem, in case the previous wasn't enough! You can't let it drop, you ask me questions, and then you complain when I answer your questions. You play down the matter as beneath you to make me sound petty, and then you shove the entire thing on me.
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]You can instigate arguments with other members[/quote]
It's pretty interesting how that doesn't seem to happen with the vast majority of posters here.
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]I'm not on Harddrop for you nor am I trying to improve Harddrop for you[/quote]
There are many ways you could help to improve Harddrop, but you are not doing any of them.
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]Maybe you should put your time into fixing things on the website
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7190129/fuckedup.PNG

instead of nitpicking over my replies.[/quote]
Try ctrl+refresh (or clear your cache) like I told everyone else; your CSS file is still cached from previous. In fact, I spent my whole day fixing things on the website, of which the above screenshot is the (mis-rendered) result. See:
http://i.imgur.com/FGtki.png

I have responded as thoroughly as I have to illustrate precisely where I'm coming from and why. You or anyone else is welcome to point out any mistakes in my reasoning; in fact, you are encouraged to. Be specific, and provide evidence.

riisssaaa

Rosti_LFC

Going to ignore most of the bitchy comments, but there's one aspect I do take exception to, because it annoyed me in the original thread

I don't get how you don't get this stef. You do it all the fucking time when it's about myndzi's moderation or related issues. It's like you're either deliberately trying to be vague to imply insults and derogatory comments towards people because apparently you don't have the cojones to just openly state your opinion, or you have quite possibly the worst, most haphazard command of the English language out of anyone else I know who supposedly speaks it as a first language (and a lot of people who don't - you'd pretty much be just above Amnesia and some random Russians I know).

Quote from: ohitsstef
Poor choice of words? I simply replied back, "Sounds like you an active mod, Myndzi. balhbalhbalh someone who will mod and not just show off their badge" something along those lines.

What's great is that here, not only do you "balhbalhbalh" paraphrase a specific offensive comment under scrutiny where semantics are involved and precise wording is actually relevant and important (and available, because it's not like you can't go back and copypasta anything you've said on the forum), but you also manage to omit a key word to change "sounds like you need an active mod" (implies we don't have actually one, so is a negative point) to "sounds like you an active mod" (a positive point, assuming it's not sarcastic). You've justified your words there by ignoring the specifics of what you actually said and have actually gone so far as to claim you said something different.

I'll also note here that you've done exactly the same thing when you've criticised myndzi in the past, by not only stripping context from what he said, but actually misquoting what he said entirely and changed the meaning as a result. In this case, the concept "being called rude is not an insult if it's true" is completely fucking different to "being called an insult is not rude if it's true", and even if the difference is subtle it's plenty enough for one to be correct and one to be incorrect. As it stands, you done goofed and got your panties in a twist over something that myndzi actually never even said. Which isn't so bad - everyone misreads things from time to time, including myself (especially myself), but I'd have thought you'd maybe spot your error and misinterpretation whilst taking screenshots and basing a whole damn blog post around it.

If you're going to reference quotes from yourself and other people, then get them right. To quote myndzi:

The only seeming here is that you seem not to want to be responsible for your words, while at the same time holding me responsible for words that I haven't written.

Honestly, I feel like this sentence nails it. If you can't fully explain the line "Sounds like you need an active mod on the site, Myndzi. Someone who mod and not just flash the mod badge around.", and how that isn't a backhanded insult to the person who is both meant to be the main active mod, and who is currently responsible for choosing mods who are decent and don't just flash the badge around, then I don't get how you can claim he's misinterpreting your words or has some agenda against you (please do explain what the real meaning was, btw, I'm genuinely stumped as to what else you could have possibly meant by that if not a veiled insult). You're the one who's apparently misinterpreting your own statements given that when you recall them from memory you get them completely wrong. I mean, I guess it would explain how you frequently seem to think you said/meant something different to what the likes of myself and myndzi think you did, if you actually are just delusional about what you said, genuinely think you worded it differently, and never bother finding the specific quote again to check...

If you want to call someone out, then just sodding do it. Stop it with all this fucking passive-aggressive nonsense of throwing not-particularly-subtle insults and slanderous comments into the mix and then trying to claim you meant or even said something completely different afterwards. All it does is lead to retarded arguments like this one, where the argument is over what you apparently said and not the actual issue you have. You'd get a shitton more use from conversations like this if you actually just outright made your point directly instead of sniping pot-shots - either make your problem clear to begin with or drop it, move on, and don't comment at all. (btw if you reply to this paragraph because you think I'm specifically referring to you here Stef you're obviously wrong because I'm just making a general statement here that everyone should stick to and "you" was figuratively referring to people in general obviously ohwaitnvm trollololol it was you I was talking about all along)

Like, if you're really as innocent as you're trying to claim, learn some bloody English and stop writing statements that can so easily be interpreted as critical or insulting when you apparently completely don't mean to. Because it's a real terrible and unfortunate affliction you seem to have to be constantly doing that by accident. I mean, I'd hate to accidentally imply that my boss was completely shit at his job when actually I meant something totally unrelated - that kind of thing can get you into trouble.

myndzi

Quote from: riisssaaa
I like what I started ^^

Don't flatter yourself.

Quote from: Sisu
"Split from: New poster moderation"

lulz

Apparently "transparency" means hashing out stupid stuff in public, but I wasn't gonna force it on everyone to put up with or leave it in a thread meant to be referenced by people to newbies and the like.

Sisu

Quote from: Rosti_TLDR

Rosti_LFC

ohhhhhh snap lawl

Also TIL that Skinny Pete from Breaking Bad is actually a real person

XaeL

We don't need your trolling here XaeL.
Then why did u split the thread and then respond instead of "letting it go" and waiting for private messages as you originally inferred?

I think we need more active mods too, jst saying.

Also whast with the new logo(pls forward to relevant graphic person), any chance of a higher res version? I'm sad taht the blocks behind had to disappear

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

myndzi

I split a new thread because of your "complaint." I responded because steph asked for a response.

I unfortunately lost the version of the HD logo I vectorized to a hard drive crash a couple weeks ago, I only have the logo-size version for now. I have no idea where the block-background image came from so I couldn't include it. I think the logo looks fine without it, though.

riisssaaa

Myndzi..

I also think there needs to be new mods.

Also~ the newest mod; is he a mod or a guy with special permissions
to help you with site organisation and coding? If he is labelled a mod he has t
o do mod duties. (He doesn't seem to be able to push and pull...just saying.)

If he isn't a mod per se give him a new label! ><"

XaeL

:O

I split a new thread because of your "complaint." I responded because steph asked for a response.
So "complaining" about anything that mods do is moved into block with hole? Rather than say... a moderator/rule discussion forum?

Now i'm not going to say that's rather draconian, because i don't know what that word exactly means.

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]
I unfortunately lost the version of the HD logo I vectorized to a hard drive crash a couple weeks ago, I only have the logo-size version for now. I have no idea where the block-background image came from so I couldn't include it. I think the logo looks fine without it, though.
[/quote]
oh that sucks. And while the logo looks fine without it for the top of the page thingy, for stuff like youtube-background thingies, it looks 10x better with the random blocks in the background.