Not the best, but addicted all the same!

Started by Maefire, August 10, 2012, 11:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maefire

Well, hi there! I go by Mae, and I am a Tetris Addict. My poison is generally playing Tetris at work during the slow times at TetrisFriends.

I am not a great player, in my opinion, but I have ranked in the leader boards for Survival, Sprint, and Marathon, so I guess I am also not a BAD player. Nice to meet you all! If you have any tips for getting better, let me know

Integration

Hi. To play faster you'll need the DAS and ARR upgrades. Those are the only useful things, you can spent your tokens in. But you'll need an eternity for full upgrades. (ARR will increase the speed, with which the piece will move towards the wall, when you hold down left/right; DAS will reduce the pause until the piece starts to automove)

Marathon tips:
- gain points by softdropping and putting the pieces on hold shortly before they land
- when 1 line is left to the next level, do a B2B TST (back-to-back T-Spin Triple)

Maefire

Quote from: Integration
Hi. To play faster you'll need the DAS and ARR upgrades. Those are the only useful things, you can spent your tokens in. But you'll need an eternity for full upgrades. (ARR will increase the speed, with which the piece will move towards the wall, when you hold down left/right; DAS will reduce the pause until the piece starts to automove)

Marathon tips:
- gain points by softdropping and putting the pieces on hold shortly before they land
- when 1 line is left to the next level, do a B2B TST (back-to-back T-Spin Triple)
I actually have issues setting up tspins, so that will be quite a challenge to learn for me. thank you for the tips on the upgrades. That makes me happy to know I can finally get the pieces to move faster!

Integration

You can also use a B2B Tetris (e.g. 2 successive Tetrises), when goal to next level is 1. Just something that scores many points. A TST should look like this (though I haven't tried one by myself, also see the HD wiki):

[fumen]110@CeB3obA3kbC3gbH3hbI3gbF3pb1ii7eC11cV2c9Ad[/fumen]

In Arena, you can also play with full DAS and ARR upgrades by using this link. But it only works in E+ (Expert+) rooms. When you are gold (rank 11-15), you'll probably see some E+ in the room list. When you are Platinum (rank 16+), you can also create those yourself.

toppingoutivan

Quote from: Integration

Marathon tips:

It might be more advisable to learn TSDs first

MarioThePhenom

[fumen]110@/dA3hbB3kbA3ibA3kbC3gbH3hbI3gbF3pbtni7eDtw?cV2c9gBAAA[/fumen]

this also works for tst's

Quote from: PandaLol no, that's ludacris. I have a sentence generator, Blink....

gmashaktetris

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]I Don't care anyway, she just a trashed[/quote]

dragoncity

Maefire

TST's actually seem pretty easy to set up o.o i just gotta remember the right combination of blocks then!

MarioThePhenom

Quote from: Maefire
TST's actually seem pretty easy to set up o.o i just gotta remember the right combination of blocks then!
[fumen]110@4dkzoblzobkzkbusgbYiE3IwsshbYiE3KwgbZiD3pb?A4G4dcDobdDobcDkzjbMRVKQpYiFYAAVKwNUKhbYiwNEYoU?VKxN4G8eFYcDqUpbAwNDA09aCA7eE6KPTAun9TASoEeEzoo?2Ahoo2A09+CArLBOLBPTB8YBrd5Gnb4GNRhbcDjb4GNRhbd?DgbwNgbJwA3hbdDRpA3JwA3xNcD8eQptsJwA3gbQpwN8eYi?tsJwA3kzEYlzaipbAwNYABmTeEoIyTASI/MEtkDKEFbsYEo?itrD7eBubBaTB3dJwgbpUkbIwiboUkboU4GwNYiIwlb4Ggb?Yimb4GgbYi3bAwNCAP8BAA7eAtbBTeB3jbF3jbD3zbFhB7e?DHbBpcBNaBTNBPeD3lbD3lbD3zbdhB7eB/PPAA1lBjeD3lb?D3pbScBOeoUmbqUBcBcBaeC39b/aB7eAlQB/dWKnbUKPc8A?PdAo3trDFbEcEoe0TASYarDMJ9nDFbcRAzB88AZAAAA[/fumen]

Quote from: PandaLol no, that's ludacris. I have a sentence generator, Blink....

Paul676

Try and see if the guide from the 19th page of the document here helps - I learnt each type of T-spin Triple one after the other, rather than all at the same time - try to get proficient with seeing one type, and then the others wil come naturally: http://harddrop.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4638
               Tetris Belts!

cafeche

Sample of a T-Spin Triple
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]Dine in Hell! We need more Tetriminos here[/quote]
Steps to taking care of your Book Tetris:
1.Play Tetris Everyday.
2.Know your T-spins.
3.Know your Combos.
4.Know your Stategies
[url=http://www.fa