A Guide on Openings

Started by Noogy, July 27, 2010, 08:47:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agamemnon

Correct, but then you are down to 5 lines from 4 instead of twice that count. And you need to get a J where as you probably looked for 2 Ts. It's something I mention to people when I teach them that opening.. Love it but it's not perfect..

larrytetris

Quote from: Agamemnon
Correct, but then you are down to 5 lines from 4 instead of twice that count. And you need to get a J where as you probably looked for 2 Ts. It's something I mention to people when I teach them that opening.. Love it but it's not perfect..

[fumen]110@7eBxcIOaBZdG3ibG3ibG3jbG3JwgbG3gb4GgbG3ibG?3UK+eE3gblzEYkzF3pbAwNFATCXrDOAAAA7eCdWBlVBAAA/?dB3nbB3nbB3FcpZB7eAAAA[/fumen]

Obviously, you can leave however large a gap on the bottom. If anything, this increases the flexibility of STSD because it doesn't matter whether or not you stack like crap on the bottom line. A good way to deal with S-Z initial piece sequences?

[fumen]110@7eAMUwRABt6uDqnd5DFbcRAzB88AYAAAAHcC3Qek6N?GAKcTDEEQAAA7eDnxqXABt6uDqnd5DFbcRAzHUABBooRBFb?2AAnhBhkBOaBzbxNobxNmbCAQeEjB3dH3ibG3ibG3ibG3ib?B3jbA3zbAwNVAvcz1DPdz1DPdrTAyp78Aw0UABhAAAA[/fumen]
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]www.hrlarry.com[/div]
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.
~Martin Luther King Jr.
[/di

coolmaninsano

Quote from: larrytetris
[fumen]110@7eBxcIOaBZdG3ibG3ibG3jbG3JwgbG3gb4GgbG3ibG?3UK+eE3gblzEYkzF3pbAwNFATCXrDOAAAA7eCdWBlVBAAA/?dB3nbB3nbB3FcpZB7eAAAA[/fumen]
[fumen]110@7eAMUwRABt6uDqnd5DFbcRAzB88AYAAAAHcC3Qek6N?GAKcTDEEQAAA7eDnxqXABt6uDqnd5DFbcRAzHUABBooRBFb?2AAnhBhkBOaBzbxNobxNmbCAQeEjB3dH3ibG3ibG3ibG3ib?B3jbA3zbAwNVAvcz1DPdz1DPdrTAyp78Aw0UABhAAAA[/fumen]
Never noticed these

Agamemnon

But see, I love getting S/Z starts.. Just check which you get first of J/L (I works too, just pick a side at that point. J/L is a matter of not having to softdrop and slide) and stack on the right side for this...
[fumen]110@7eCMbIKhBPiBJeC3mbD3lbD3lbD3vbBXB7eCt9cldB?6jBTeF3BcOYB7eD90cV5ctiBAAA[/fumen]

NoManual

when I play on BB I doesnt start with the 7 pieces, it can be the 7 in a row, then random. But most times its something like 4 different og 5 then the first or something like that. eks: J,L,S,Z,L,O,I,S etc etc.

On Tetris Party Deluxe it is as u said, 7 pieces and I know when I see the first 4 which the 3 last will be etc.

Nice guide tho, I will take more time to read and practice when I get home/have time
40L = 28.71
My Blog

meow

guideline tetris games use a bag randomizer. blockbox uses a history randomizer from the tgm games. the history randomizer remembers the last 4 pieces it gives and has a low chance of dealing any piece in the history.

XaeL

at aga u stole my opening.
another SZ is fiddlesworth.

[fumen]110@7eWXYIUjBKiBjYBZaB9BdVmBnbBufBaYBjTBpeB2VB?kLBtxcV3c9hBtAdVmBkcBGjBAAAAAA[/fumen]

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

DTM_Derrick

I Like This Post i agree there may need abortability rates , and on tf battle 2p or 6p the garbage isn't counter-able , um jus sayin pc's can't be reused again'st u as well as quick tsd opens
12ESP3CT-toj
Derrick417- TF
<div style="overflow: hidden; background-image: url(http://harddrop.com/design/pic/badges/bg_black.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 285px; height: 85px;position:relative;"><span style="width:60px;height:85px;float:left;overflow: hidden;margin-top:10px;margin-left

berko

[fumen]110@1dB3nbA3obA3gbI3hbH3gbJ3gbG3pbA4G7eCtaBPcB?mRBYeE3kbE3zbAAA7eANgBYeE3kbE3zbAAA7eBlfBAAA[/fumen]

I like this opening with the imperial.
/Berko

Magnanimous

That TSD opening is actually really good, since nine times out of ten you're all ready for another five lines:
[fumen]110@7eGBeIKfBUcBWoBLeBPdBFgBdeE3lbB3wbv+cNeC3m?bC3Acp5c[/fumen]
Best 40 Lines: 37:74 (162.18 TPM) on NullpoMino

CaptainPaul

Anyone have some good advice for beating middle 4w'ers who are a lot faster than you?

ManOfMiracles

Quote from: CaptainPaul
Anyone have some good advice for beating middle 4w'ers who are a lot faster than you?
tki opening is probably the best chance you have
MiracleMan

vyborg

i think you are looking down on 3w, it is very powerful and not to be trifled with
but
good guide