Previous topic - Next topic

"Dunks"

"Yes"
18 (46.2%)
"No"
21 (53.8%)

Total Members Voted: 41

myndzi

"Polymer T-spins" is quite an arbitrary designation. I say we rename it to something more self-descriptive... like "Dunks".

[fumen]http://fumen.zui.jp/?m110@EeE3nbB3mbH3hbI3gbC3pbFwj7eBdSPVAH4tSASYJ0?COR06BFreRAyp78ARAAAAAAA[/fumen]

Aaron

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]
Quote from: AlexandraI don't really know much about hot dogs but I do know Aaron is the greatest moderator ever.
[/div]

myndzi

perfectclear

Quote from: myndzi
WHO VOTED NO IALL BAN U
I did.

CaptainPaul

Honestly... looks a bit more like a lay-up. I mean, it hits the backboard.

myndzi

How about we compromise and go with touchdown?

XaeL

Quote from: myndzi
How about we compromise and go with "Tetris"?

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

caffeine

I believe the term polymer was coined for the setup's resemblance to certain molecular structures. I want to say I read that on tetrisbabel before the wiki was closed. Can anyone recall more details?

perfectclear

Quote from: caffeine
I believe the term polymer was coined for the setup's resemblance to certain molecular structures. I want to say I read that on tetrisbabel before the wiki was closed. Can anyone recall more details?
something about trehalose and iso-trehalose resembling the chemical structures, so polymer was named as that class of t spins correspondingly?

Paul676

Agreed name should be changed, but 'dunks' is naff.

Tetris Belts!

perfectclear

I don't think it is ours to change anymore. ive seen the term on multiple japanese websites as well. I mean sure, we can start calling it "the funky" or whatever the hell we please, but that doesnt really change its name!

myndzi

There's no official consensus that names T-spin setups. We call it dunks, Japanese dudes go wtf is that, we explain, they say oh okay

You guys do realize this poll is satirical, right?

Jupiter_Joe

You guys do realize this poll is satirical, right?

I think we need a poll for that.

Paul676

I think you're saying that to save face because you've lost the poll
               Tetris Belts!

BentoBoxer

When I'm playing Tetris in front of my friends I need to sound as impressive and uppity as possible. Polymer adequately serves that purpose.