NullpoMino crashes with Resolution change

Started by Piemanray314, April 01, 2019, 08:37:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piemanray314

I have been using NullpoMino for a while now, but I usually play on fullscreen mode - which works fine. I layer tried changing the resolution of it because when I recorded it with OBS most of the screen is empty. But when I changed the resolution, the game didn't do anything. I exited the game and went back in to see that there is an error. I have changed nothing except the resolution, and I have no mods and I did no customization to this. It would be very well appreciated if somebody could help me with this problem.

This is the screen that appears when I start the game:  [attachmentid=1223]
This is the log report that the crash report says to go to: [attachmentid=1222]
Thanks in advance

XaeL

The reason for crashing is obvious:
your computer's resolution is 1600x900.
The requested resolution is 1280x960, which is larger than your display handles.

Anyway the fix is to use a smaller resolution. if you want to record with OBS don't use screen record, use window capture and then resize the capture.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

Piemanray314

Quote from: XaeL
The reason for crashing is obvious:
your computer's resolution is 1600x900.
The requested resolution is 1280x960, which is larger than your display handles.

Anyway the fix is to use a smaller resolution. if you want to record with OBS don't use screen record, use window capture and then resize the capture.

I saw that 960 was greater than 900, but how would I change the resolution of it if I can't open the program? I am not used to working with program files (except for Minecraft lol) so I am not too sure how to change the resolution by files. Anyways thanks for the response

Okey_Dokey

Quote from: Piemanray314I saw that 960 was greater than 900, but how would I change the resolution of it if I can't open the program? I am not used to working with program files (except for Minecraft lol) so I am not too sure how to change the resolution by files.
First find out the location of your NullpoMino main folder. If you use a shortcut, then right-click on it and choose properties and you should see the location. Then go to the NullpoMino main folder, and go further into the following subfolder: config -> setting. There you should see a file called slick.cfg. Open it with a text editor (e.g. right-click -> edit) and edit the line:

option.screenheight=...

Then save the file in the text editor. If you can't modify the file, then move it to the desktop, and use the text editor there, and move the file back to its original location after saving.