Arduboy Microcard High Score?

Started by CosmicCommunist, December 01, 2018, 05:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CosmicCommunist

SRS, bag sort, but no hold (or pause lol) mechanism. Which makes getting PC and b2btst very hard. IDK maxout score if it's 999999 or higher but what is the highest score anyone has had so far ~150 lines in?

Okey_Dokey

I doubt anybody else on HardDrop owns this game. This thread could function as a leaderboard though. According to this Reddit post speed doesn't improve anymore after level 15. While no-hold makes it harder to survive under high gravity, some people can still play it infinitely, so I agree we have to fix the amount of lines (150 lines as you suggested).

1 preview and especially no-hold are gamechangers for Marathon. As you said, looping techniques like Infinite TST and ZT Stacking won't work. It's also very difficult to use the common T-Spin freestyling techniques (5-4, 6-3 or 7-2 split). I assume it's even best to move the Tetris column to the wall, and occasionally do no-clear T-Spins as well as Donation T-Spins. Probably, it's also beneficial to count pieces to know if the T piece has already arrived in the current bag.

CosmicCommunist

From my experience speed actually does increase beyond 15 lines. It goes up to what seems like 20g with some lock delay. But yeah, it's relatively easy to survive beyond 150 lines (and anyone who is willing to spend $50 on a tiny business card sized Tetris probably plays Tetris more than casually so I assume most everyone can), which is why I thought there needs to be a cutoff.

I should learn more t spin techniques so that I can better t spin with little use of hold (and in general t spin better).

I find it hard to believe that nobody here has the microcard since only hardcore players would ever drop $50 on a tiny Tetris. And we're the hardcore players.

Arcorann

There are a number of endless highscores in this thread on the Arduboy forums. The highest score there is over 12.9 million, so it looks like it's easy enough to survive almost indefinitely.