2-wide non-damaging t-spin setup

Started by PenguinOwl, September 14, 2018, 08:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PenguinOwl

Recently I was playing a TF game when I miss-dropped a J-piece over my 2-wide. At first it looked hopeless, but then a cool setup came out of it, leaving me with a pretty good board-state. I tried it again in the next few games and was surprised at how consistent it was.

[fumen]115@HhH8BeH8BeH8LeAgHvhRGjBVeBqaBJVBjcBkbBPcBj?cBOTB6eBPbBMXBLRBMQBmMBtdBFjBAAA[/fumen]

Any thoughts?

mahnameseddoi

Wow that's a neat trick! Funny how so many of the greatest inventions were discovered by accident. I may use this if this ever occurs

XaeL

Quote from: PenguinOwl
Recently I was playing a TF game when I miss-dropped a J-piece over my 2-wide. At first it looked hopeless, but then a cool setup came out of it, leaving me with a pretty good board-state. I tried it again in the next few games and was surprised at how consistent it was.

[fumen]115@HhH8BeH8BeH8LeAgHvhRGjBVeBqaBJVBjcBkbBPcBj?cBOTB6eBPbBMXBLRBMQBmMBtdBFjBAAA[/fumen]

Any thoughts?

Nice. A C-Spin can be quite risky since you need to build quite a bit though.

A safer more effective solution is to just use a single J piece.

Here's a comparison between the two.
[fumen]115@HhH8BeH8BeH8LeAgHHgBtHeAtIeAtAeBtE8BtBeAtE?8BtAeBtE8EtE8BtqeGjQgASoSTASoTABEoo2Aw+kkDloo2A?kotrDO3sJEj+kaEbgBPHeAPJeAtBPEeAtCeAPEeAtAeg0hl?neAAPZAGCyTASYjrDzN98AQ2cQEF2SrDu1drDTBAAA[/fumen]

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

TancaVN