Ahoy!

Started by Goofball, September 08, 2018, 10:10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goofball

Longtime Tetris player here.
Particularly from the glory days of Tnet2. So some of you might remember me as NOISEassault.
I was a friend to some, a villain to others , and unfortunately a jackass to many.

I wound up quitting high speed Tetris entirely around 2008 or so, and have matured a great deal since then.

Recently got the itch again and discovered that Tnet2 apparently comes back into existence occasionally (but is presently down to the best of my knowledge), and the tetrifast servers are filled predominantly with tumbleweeds,
so I've been sharpening my skills instead on Tetris Battle.

However, the egregious lack of actual live opponents is wearing thin on me, so now it's time to find some new stomping grounds.
I lack any gaming consoles, so it's PC tetris for me entirely.

What online Tetris variants would you fine folks recommend?

Aside from Tetris, I'm an avid contact juggler, into various street dance styles (liquid, popping, tutting), occasionally make music, play competitive Magic: the Gathering (Legacy is  my format in case anyone is curious), and read like crazy.

Okey_Dokey

Ahoy hoy

Quote from: GoofballWhat online Tetris variants would you fine folks recommend?
All clients have their pros and cons. Just try them out yourself. Those are the clients where's almost always someone around to play:

official:.
unofficial:There's also NullpoMino but that's rather singleplayer than multiplayer.

caffeine

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]Particularly from the glory days of Tnet2. So some of you might remember me as NOISEassault.
I was a friend to some, a villain to others , and unfortunately a jackass to many.

I wound up quitting high speed Tetris entirely around 2008 or so, and have matured a great deal since then.[/quote]

I think many of us who are still around and got introduced to multiplayer Tetris through Tetrinet had similar experiences. To be fair, it was no where near as bad as it used to be on other game platforms of the day such as Starcraft and CS. Still, when you combine that age group and anonymity, it can get pretty brutal.

Goofball

Quote from: Okey_DokeyList of sweet games
My man! Thanks!

Quote from: caffeine
I think many of us who are still around and got introduced to multiplayer Tetris through Tetrinet had similar experiences. To be fair, it was no where near as bad as it used to be on other game platforms of the day such as Starcraft and CS. Still, when you combine that age group and anonymity, it can get pretty brutal.

The behavior of others rarely bothered me, thankfully.
I wound up quitting specifically to keep from wrecking a relationship I was in at the time.

When I'd get locked into gaming mode, the slightest, and even the most innocuous interruptions would often make me snappish towards whoever the unfortunate "offender" was, and nobody deserves that.