Any Pausable Tetris Software to Practise and Test Openers and Perfect Clears?

Started by Galactoid, June 25, 2018, 03:54:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactoid

Hi all,

I'm currently doing PC research, and wish to derive the solutions for feasible patterns with high perfect clear chance for the 3rd and 4th consecutive PCs. I'm also studying Sakana's first PC opener patterns, which seem to have a higher chance compared to the standard Perfect Clear opener to get a PC.

I'm also trying to master Gaanbattea's TKI -> PC follow-up opener.

However, I wish to do so using a platform that allows me to pause the game.

I know of a software that is turned-based, created by someone here, but that one starts you off vs a T-spin AI, which makes it difficult to practise or test perfect clears.

Is there a software that allows me to pause the game, but at the same time, while paused, the game does not prevent you from seeing the screen (which allows me to slowly look at the paused screen to slowly think and find the solutions for PCs)?

It is also for pedagogical purposes, as I wish to link the software in my Tetris guides to help new players train.

Thanks!

EDIT:

Lol, cannot edit the sub-script under the title ... it should read as "Need a Tetris Software that can be paused, and yet shows you the entire unblocked screen."

Shuey

How 'bout getting a screenshot of the playfield, then immediately pause?  You can view the screenshot as a reference, then un-pause Nullpomino when you're ready to resume more piece placements.

Galactoid

Quote from: Shuey
How 'bout getting a screenshot of the playfield, then immediately pause?  You can view the screenshot as a reference, then un-pause Nullpomino when you're ready to resume more piece placements.

lol, I think that may be a little inconvenient. It's a last resort though.

davdav1233

http://tetresse.harddrop.com/ may be useful. click outside the field to pause it
Website · /davdav1233 · davdav1233 · [url=https://jstri

Swarley

I suggest just playing Nullpomino with 0 gravity so the pieces don't fall at all. You can also use ESC to pause, but I feel like 0 gravity is more useful for what you're doing.

Okey_Dokey

What's wrong with NullpoMino? NullpoMino still shows the playfield when paused. Also, NullpoMino can be tweaked to your liking. (Since NullpoMino is open-source and Java) I could make a modded version if you want, but I would have to know what exact changes you would like to have. For example, there's a message (continue, retry, end) in the middle of the playfield when pausing; this message could be moved. There's a way to edit the starting playfield in practice mode (map) but it is only monochrome (grey) - I could make a certain button change the currently selected color for placing blocks. There are different kind of bag randomizers implemented in NullpoMino but all of them start with a whole bag - I could make a bag randomizer where you can disable certain pieces in the first bag.

XaeL

Why do you even need to pause? SImply set gravity to 0 in nullpomino.

Hell, even Jstris has 0 gravity during sprint mode.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

Galactoid

Wow, thanks everyone!

I have both Nullpomino and Tetresse, but I didn't know you could pause the latter, and set gravity to zero on the latter.

My main game is Puyo Puyo and Tetris, so I didn't know this was the case for the former two.

Thanks! This will work, lol.

EDIT:

Quote from: XaeL
Hell, even Jstris has 0 gravity during sprint mode.

Really? I just booted up Jstris sprint and practice, and there is no option for 0 gravity.