B2B Tetris PC

Started by CosmicCommunist, February 24, 2018, 06:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CosmicCommunist

So I was wondering if it was possible to have two back to back Tetris perfect clears. Not with anyone sending you lines. Just in normal, standard gameplay, with the normal sort system. Whether or not you use the standard PC setup with a J, T, and then I as the first one, I'm wondering whether it's even possible to get two Tetris PCs at all.

[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"https://i.imgur.com/3Tf1f6h.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"500\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"https://i.imgur.com/3Tf1f6h.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

XaeL

lets see.

Assuming no hold.

a tetris PC requires 10 pieces, with the last being an I

PC 1 = 1 bag + ? + ? + I
PC 2 = 4 pieces (remainder of first bag) + 6 (last needs to be I)

Definitely seems possible under just those conditions.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

Okey_Dokey

You asked this question already here and I had answered it. It is possible but there're only very few ways to do so. If I am correct, then the following things must apply:
  • In the first PC, only one I piece must be placed - the one you do the Tetris with. This means you must hold the I piece beyond the first PC.
  • In the first PC, you will place exactly two T pieces. This means the second T piece must come rather early in second bag. Furthermore, the 2 T pieces must be placed horizontally.
  • Only the L and J pieces from first bag are placed in the first PC. This means that the L and J pieces from second bag must come late because you have already the first I piece on hold.
  • The second PC doesn't contain any T pieces. This means that the thrid T piece must be the last or last but one piece of the third bag; and last but one is only allowed if the third I piece comes last in said bag.
  • The second PC contains 2 L pieces and 2 J pieces.
Maybe, you'll also have to use 2 O pieces in the first PC (thus not 2 S pieces and 2 Z pieces) but I am not sure about that. Here's an example of 2 Tetris PCs:

[fumen]http://harddrop.com/fumen/?m115@ieA8HeB8IeA8HeC8MeQ4ywR4AtRpwhR4wwR4BtRpwh?g0Q4ywAtglRpwhi0wwilRpwhNeB8GeA8BeA8HeA8HeA8HeD?8Meili0ilwhglAtRpQ4g0glAtg0whBtRpR4Btg0whAtzhQ4?Ath0whJeAgHyfAAHeBAIeAAHeCAaeBAGeAABeAAHeAAHeAA?HeDAWeywQaAFLDmClcJSAVDEHBEooRBMoAVBzuzPCP+AAAv?hUlqBsmB2uBzsBvkBAAPbAFLDmClcJSAVDVSAVG88A4c88A?Z+CMCqXkBAXhBFgBziBpoBetBMsBiiBRvQbAFLDmClcJSAV?DVSAVG88A4N88A5mjWCz/1BATlBMpBifBvrBGhBpoBAAA[/fumen]

Shuey

One thing someone could try would be to use my Sparta sequence as a reference and Okey's PC Finder to see if two back-to-back sequences could yield a Tetris from the 10th piece in each sequence (and I think that holding one piece from one sequence and using the 1st piece from the next sequence should be considered)

CosmicCommunist

Didn't realize I asked this before hmm 🤔
But that's interesting. I've always wondered if it were possible to get a "true" b2bpc (i.e. ones where you don't clear any lines in between).

Shuey I've watched your Sparta video in full at least 20 times (do not ask why I don't think you want to know the answer) and have tried to mentally analyze PC setups. It's been confusing me for a while now.

Shuey

Quote from: CosmicCommunist
Shuey I've watched your Sparta video in full at least 20 times (do not ask why I don't think you want to know the answer) and have tried to mentally analyze PC setups. It's been confusing me for a while now.

I'm not sure I follow what you mean :-/... what's confusing you?