Hard Drop Open VIII [Cultris II]

Started by Blink, January 22, 2017, 01:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blink

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]
[/div]
The Hard Drop community proudly presents Hard Drop Open VIII, hosted on Cultris II! This is for anyone to enter, regardless of skill level. If you're a novice, come see what it's like to play with the top players. If you're a top player, come prove your abilities on a bigger stage.

>>> RECAP: http://harddrop.com/article/article_594 <<<
>>> BRACKET: http://challonge.com/hdo8 <<<

[div align=\\\"left\\\"]Important dates: None. Tournament has ended.
Prizes: The finalists will become immortalized in the Cultris II game with their very own AI-bot.  The champion will also get to select the AI bots avatar image and receive a Tetris Gameboy cartridge.
Rules: All matches will be played on Cultris II. Matches will be played to 15, win by 2. From Winners Round 5 and Losers Round 6 onwards, matches will be "best of 3" (2 win sets), first to 11, win by 2. All scores must be reported in this thread. If you cannot play at the default time, you must schedule with your opponent and post on the thread the new time, or risk forfeit.
Match scheduling: Players are to use the Hard Drop message system to schedule matches. The Shoutbox or Discord server are great places to see who is immediately available for matches.
Sign up: Sign up period has ended. Participants were supposed to make a post on this thread with their Cultris II registered name.[/div]
Entrants:
z2sam
kb1900
leilickan
Okey_Dokey
Explo
Ruzu
r3hab
Gamsterdeath
Shaddie
crzy242
kastle09
BeastinShen
[51]Bertha
billy
iljain
tatianyi
blaataap
Jes
twirler
DNLF
Teatube
DownRUpL
Squirtle_
coco martinz
noelou
0t_
Azteca
Shay
vetements
HawkOfGP
Sisu
Martin
Dsyexlic
xelina
ayt
ProMouse
goonerJimmy
Slickalei
Litstar
Mistborn
quicksort
Bramski
Franckow
Corona
shaite
cros107
sad
SlowNoob
Deputy
*Teddy*
elderSloth
popup
Pillemarisk
Bogus

z2sam

kb1900

leilickan

Okey_Dokey

Okey_Dokey

edit:
Link to the brackets

I have to apologize. I messed up seeding a little (only involves top 7 players because the rest is seeded randomly, top 3 are in top half). I won't change the brackets because people have already seen it. Decided to randomize the order of the best 7 players, too.

Matches will be played first to 15, win by 2. It's Double Elimination which means you are not immediately eliminated if you lose once. After a loss you will move to the loser bracket where the path to the grand final is twice as long (and people have to play at twice the rate which probably means 2 times per week).

Link to the player profiles, in case somebody wants to know their time zones:

z2sam (Norway)
kb1900 (USA)
leilickan (Sweden)
Okey_Dokey (Germany)
Explo (Ireland)
Ruzu (USA?)
r3hab (USA)
Gamsterdeath (USA?)
Shaddie (Sweden)
crzy242 (Australia)
kastle09 (Australia)
BeastinShen (USA)
[51] Bertha (USA?)
billy (New Zealand)
iljain (Taiwan)
tatianyi (China)
blaataap (Netherlands)
Jes (Denmark)
twirler (Malaysia)
DNLF (USA)  
Teatube (China)
down-r-up-l (Taiwan? sometimes USA)
Squirtle_ (USA)
coco martinz (USA)
noelou (France)
0t_ (USA)
Azteca (Denmark)
Shay (Spain)
vetements (Korea?)
HawkOfGP (Finland)
Sisu (USA)
Martin (Argentina)
Dsyexlic (USA)
Xelina (Germany)
ayt (Hong Kong)
ProMouse (Argentina)
goonerJimmy (United Kingdom, sometimes China)
SlickaLei (Sweden)
Litstar (China?)
Mistborn (USA)
quicksort (Italy)
Bramski (Netherlands)
Franckow (Argentina?)
Corona... (Mexico)
shaite (Canada)
cros107 (Australia?)
sad (Norway)
SlowNoob (Australia)
Deputy (Netherlands?)
*Teddy* (Korea)
elderSloth (United Kingdom)
popup (Slovenia)
Pillemarisk (Sweden)
Bogus (Denmark)
Axier (China)
Seto San (China)
xb2002b (China)

Danieru

Explo

"Prizes: The finalists will become immortalized in the Cultris II game with their very own AI-bots." Would be amazing to be an AI-bot until the end of time.
Just an Irish tetris player.

VjCrook

Ruzu xDDDD! z2sam made force me to do this YOLO!!

piper

Gamsterdeath

InsightDeath/Gamsterdeath (I applied for a name change but i do not thing it went through)

Shaddo

crzy242

☠  crzy242

kastle09

Beastin_Shen

<div style="overflow: hidden; background-image: url(http://harddrop.com/design/pic/badges/bg_black.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 285px; height: 80px;position:relative;"><span style="width:60px;height:80px;float:left;overflow: hidden;margin-top:10px;margin-left:10px;"><a href="http://hard

Mickey

billy