I made a Tetris game on Microsoft Excel

Started by Benzadeus, September 24, 2016, 05:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benzadeus

Hello!

I work as an Excel developer and I made a Tetris game on Microsoft Excel.
Some of the challenges to make a playable game was to bypass Windows default keyboard settings to allow keyboard customization.
I am not fully versed on Tetris hardcore players concepts like DAS, SRS and so on, but I tried hard to make a playable game. By the way, I made the game just to show the power of Microsoft Excel.
[sorry for the bad english]

Download link: Tetricell

Danieru

Quote from: Benzadeus
Hello!

I work as an Excel developer and I made a Tetris game on Microsoft Excel.
Some of the challenges to make a playable game was to bypass Windows default keyboard settings to allow keyboard customization.
I am not fully versed on Tetris hardcore players concepts like DAS, SRS and so on, but I tried hard to make a playable game. By the way, I made the game just to show the power of Microsoft Excel.
[sorry for the bad english]

Download link: Tetricell

Hey! It looks nice so far, how about adding a mode such as survival? Where there is rising garbage, thanks.
Just an Irish tetris player.

Benzadeus

Well, I'm not coding a full modern Tetris. This is just for fun. I'm just leveraging Excel to another level.
Try seeing this as a spreadsheet, not as a Tetris game... so, I'm sorry.

eevor

I'm on phone so haven't tried it yet, but this is awesome!
Are the formulas available or hidden? I'd love to see how it's done underneath.

PabloNex

tomcaa

This is totally awesome, I wonder how it works, too. I haven't fooled around with VBA for a while, never thought of its use this way

Benzadeus

Quote from: eevor
I'm on phone so haven't tried it yet, but this is awesome!
Are the formulas available or hidden? I'd love to see how it's done underneath.
Thanks. There are no formulas. I only used VBA prograaming. VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) is a programming language inside Office applications such as Excel that allow automation and much more.

farter

i can see it form code it's an excel tetris with super high quality! vb/vba fans here!

but.. i'm usng office2003, i can't stop it from getting "property or method not supported by the object" on the line "NewGame.Init" ....
it's really strange since i can get the correct code completion list with all members after typing "newgame.". i'm still trying to figure it out.