Previous topic - Next topic

Okey_Dokey

Download link

I once made 2 big Tetris patterns:

I had to edit the NullpoMino code to dissolve the following problems:
  • writings crossing the playfield
  • being able to use 9 different colors
  • part of the playfield out of the screen
This NullpoMino Mod addresses these problems and makes some additional changes (e.g. introducing pentominoes).

Getting started

A tool every pattern builder should know is ruleeditor.bat. First you load  ("Open...") a rule (e.g. StandardFastB.rul), then make some changes (e.g. change playfield dimensions)  and finally you save the edited rule. The modified Color tab now allows to choose between 18 colors.

For a skin, that supports all 18 colors, check out NullpoMino.exe -> gametuning -> blockskin -> 29 or 30. The files belonging to block skins can be found in NullpoArt/res/graphics/blockskin/... . My mod uses the 18 left-most blocks (the ones left of the colored balls).

[!--ImageUrlBegin--][!--ImageUrlEBegin--]\\\

Here's an example how playing with a bigger playfield looks like:

[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://i.imgur.com/AfAsuKR.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"500\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://i.imgur.com/AfAsuKR.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

For very big playfields, you have to display the previews on the right side of the playfield (options -> general options -> next display type -> side) and disable the text shown on the right side (options -> general options -> show meter -> x).

[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://i.imgur.com/50PjHQz.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"500\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://i.imgur.com/50PjHQz.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

additional notes:
  • Now a predefined sequence can also contain pentominoes and the smaller polyominoes. To play with a predefined sequence, select FixedSequenceRandomizer as randomizer type in ruleeditor.bat, and edit the predefined sequence in sequence.txt.
  • If the playfield is bigger than 20x10, then NullpoArt/res/graphics/fieldbg3.png will be used as field graphics. If you don't want to play with a grid, then make this picture totally black.
  • NullpoArt/res/graphics/back0.png is the image that will usually be displayed in the background. Also note that options -> general options -> field_bg_bright specifies how dark the playfield is.
  • Changing the colors via editing NullpoArt/res/graphics/blockskin/... can cause some issues: Outlined ghost pieces use hardcoded colors that have nothing to do with the colors specified in blockskin, so you may have to turn it off (options -> general options -> outline... -> x). The colors of exploding blocks in the line clear animation (options -> general options -> show line effect -> o) are specified in NullpoArt/res/break... . Those animations are hard to change.
If I screwed something up, let me know. If there's enough interest, I can add [a href=\\\"http://harddrop.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5949]those modes[/url] to this mod.

Alexandra

nick666101

time to take my tetris patterns to the next level ^-^

Superjustinbros

Sorry for the bump, but is it alright if I ask if it'd be possible to make a version of this game that works on Macs?
I've wanted a Pentomino game that supports more than the basic 7/9 colors for eons.

Okey_Dokey

Quote from: Superjustinbros
Sorry for the bump, but is it alright if I ask if it'd be possible to make a version of this game that works on Macs?
I've wanted a Pentomino game that supports more than the basic 7/9 colors for eons.
Sorry, I have no Mac. So, I can't do it and not sure what the problem is. I always include the source code of the files I've changed it, so somebody else could do it theoretically.

I plan to include the modes I previously made (among others Pentris) in this mod and maybe also 1-key-finesse. Will happen somewhere around in early January, but I can't do anything Mac-related.

Alexandra

hehe  Bump!

I really like this mod because i made a rick and morty one! more rick less morty. because im still noob. and it was just rick's face. i have video somewhere but im too lazy to upload.

such a quality post this is.. but thanks for the mod again!

i hope people give the mod a try. it is really fun!

Okey_Dokey

Quote from: Okey_DokeyI plan to include the modes I previously made (among others Pentris) in this mod and maybe also 1-key-finesse. Will happen somewhere around in early January, but I can't do anything Mac-related.
Liar! Actually, I did start working on that mod, but then didn't feel like it. On the bright side, from time to time I am working on an own Java singleplayer game which has these modes (Pentris, Cheese, Marath0n, Ultra+) and other stuff like bots or hexagonal Tetris. Will be released sometime around HardDrop 2.0 (which should be finished in 2014 according to Blink).

tempaccount

nick666101