JSTris

Started by jezevec10, December 06, 2014, 03:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BestN00b

JSTRis bug:

Under settings: Game Settings: Grid.

Whenever I try to change the grid to full, for example, it gets reset to standard whenever refresh the page, or when I go onto JSTris in a new tab, even after clicking save settings and close.

Corrosive

When you get this accomplished below I'll donate $100

Quote from: Corrosive
It would be badass if you could somehow let us be able to create our own arrangement of blocks/artwork that appears when we die. This was a feature on Blocktrix/Tetrifast. I imagine this would be a pain in the ass for you to program into the game but its little things like this that would make the game dope and encourage more people to register an account rather than playing as guests.

[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://i.imgur.com/VTKQxIW.png\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"500\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://i.imgur.com/VTKQxIW.png\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://i.imgur.com/zL2QnFG.png\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"500\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://i.imgur.com/zL2QnFG.png\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

"私は高速ブロックとセクシーな女性が好き"
"Put some stank on those blocks."

Danieru

I like that you mentioned that Corrosive :) I'm with the idea.

Request: Can you add other Rotation Systems? E.g. "TGM Rotation, TetriNet Rotation System, Vertical Rotation, Nintendo Rotation. There could also be Rotation specific rooms that allow that specified Rotation System to be used, it could also be awesome to play Cheese Race differently in a mindset that one of these Rotation Systems demand.

Just an Irish tetris player.

cubixcreature

I am also a big fan of JStris and am happy to see the player base increase with the new HDO tourney. maybe someone/peeps will starts jstris tourney series here soon...

Since the new update, i've noticed the old url redirects to the Irish version of jstris. is there a way to change the language? I don't read irish.

thanks!

cubixcreature

Quote from: cubixcreature
I am also a big fan of JStris and am happy to see the player base increase with the new HDO tourney. maybe someone/peeps will starts jstris tourney series here soon...

Since the new update, i've noticed the old url redirects to the Irish version of jstris. is there a way to change the language? I don't read irish.

thanks!

I just figured out the language switch, yay!

eevor

Small bug report - leaderboard rankings aren't sorting correctly, they seem to sort times with 2 decimal digits always above times with 3 decimal digits (e.g. 35.81 < 35.112).

jezevec10

Updated:
  • Favorite replays
    • When logged in, at the bottom of every replay page (Singleplayer/Live/1v1) there is an option to add it to your favorites
    • Click your username in the top menu and select "Favorite replays" to see list of replays you saved
    • You can add your comment to each of the replay to easily indentify it later
    • It's possible to search in your replays by this comment
    • Main reason of adding this: replays that won't be favourited by anyone will be automatically deleted after few weeks
      • Make sure to mark replays you want to keep saved. Although you can favorite replays from practice modes like sprint, these will not be affected by the removal.
  • Guests removed from the leaderboard
    • To this point leader boards were not showing accurate rankings, because they were full of accidentally named guest accounts like /spec, /spectate, ???????, +, ], ggs, +-, d, hi, hello, adsf, /help, (s, mm, b, wtf is this, a, my, z, /bot speed 2.00, /bot 2.00, 65, gg, dsfds...and many more.
    • Because an option to register an account is available for a long time now, guest accounts were removed from the leader board, which will now display only records of registered accounts.
    • It is still possible to view it with the guest accounts using ?guests=1 parameter like this:
      http://jstris.jezevec10.com/sprint?guests=1
  • Spectators cannot change room settings or reset score counter
    • Mainly added to prevent a sabotage in public tournament rooms
  • Option in the settings to set when multi player fields rescale
    • If you often watch screens of other players in multi-player games and you don't want their order/position to move during the game, you can activate this option in the Advanced settings (+) which will update the screen with new players only on the new game start and not immediately as players are joining and leaving.
  • Sound volume control in the settings
  • Option to set garbage cancelling method when creating a room
  • Option to set B2B bonus when creating a room
  • Garbage methods toLeast and divide will work in the bot room
  • Tournament winner title + icon implemented as a prize for HDO tournament, Preview

• Other less significant changes
    • Single player replays will display name of the player
    • New localization: Italian, Corrections in localization: Irish
    • (fixed) Wins counter resets on room join
    • (fixed) Possible to create room while the game is running
    • (fixed) Corrected the wrong time display format in the leader-boards (reported eevor in the post above)
    • (fixed) If your OS has screen shut-down time-out / screen-saver it shouldn't go on when a long replay is playing

BestN00b

the grid bug is still there. it still resets back to the standard default grid.

Corrosive

the standard grid is the best anyway

good update
"私は高速ブロックとセクシーな女性が好き"
"Put some stank on those blocks."

mahnameseddoi

Wow jez, you really outdid yourself here. I've had the pleasure of watching Jstris grow right before my own eyes. I still remember the simple, fun little game it was when I first came across it last winter. At the time, it was convenient and fun for me, and there were almost no players in the bot room when I would play. Now its become hugely popular and a tetris client better than any other.

I love how professional and streamlined the website is. Not only is it the fastest tetris website out there, it has an unbelievable amount of statistics that are invaluable for beginner and advanced players alike. Thank you jez. From the bottom of my heart. It's been a rough year for me and I don't know where I would be without Jstris.

Blink

Feature request in 1v1 rooms as spectator:

We can see each player's next pieces

k_rakko

Hi jez, I have two small bug report.

1, False start bug.
I uploaded video to show the bug (here). To reproduce this,
 Step 1: Click "sprint" and wait 0.5 seconds.
 Step 2: Click "Newgame" and enjoy game. You can stack while 'Ready Go' as you can see in the video.
To use this bug, you can start multiplayer game a little faster than others.

2, Size of playfield.
Blocks over 21st row disappear.  Playfield used in jstris seems to be 10x21. But guideline says that Playfield is 10×40, where rows above 20 are hidden or obstructed by the field frame to trick the player into thinking it's 10×20. (I fetched this from here.)  This may be problem when player use 4-wide with "center techniques"(written here).  

jezevec10

Quote from: k_rakko
 1, False start bug.
I uploaded video to show the bug (here). To reproduce this,
 Step 1: Click "sprint" and wait 0.5 seconds.
 Step 2: Click "Newgame" and enjoy game. You can stack while 'Ready Go' as you can see in the video.
To use this bug, you can start multiplayer game a little faster than others.
This is now corrected, good you noticed it  

Quote from: k_rakko
 2, Size of playfield.
Blocks over 21st row disappear.  Playfield used in jstris seems to be 10x21. But guideline says that Playfield is 10×40, where rows above 20 are hidden or obstructed by the field frame to trick the player into thinking it's 10×20. (I fetched this from here.)  This may be problem when player use 4-wide with "center techniques"(written here).
This client does not adhere to all of the guideline rules in the mentioned topic, this is one of the differences. Preventing center 4-wide from being too powerful strategy is the main reason why this is not planned to be changed. Center 4-wide can still be used, players just need to build it quickly enough, otherwise they have to decide whether to accept the incoming lines, sacrifice some of the stack but let the top to be nicely flat or start the combo as soon as they see the attack to block them.

k_rakko

Quote from: jezevec10This is now corrected, good you noticed it  

This client does not adhere to all of the guideline rules in the mentioned topic, this is one of the differences. Preventing center 4-wide from being too powerful strategy is the main reason why this is not planned to be changed. Center 4-wide can still be used, players just need to build it quickly enough, otherwise they have to decide whether to accept the incoming lines, sacrifice some of the stack but let the top to be nicely flat or start the combo as soon as they see the attack to block them.

Thank you for your quick response!  (^^)
I agree with you. To tell the truth, I was planing to suggest that because of center 4-wide.
...I'll delete the video because that wastes storage.

VladtheImpala

I think the bot seriously glitches out when it plays hurryup garbage. At least what the bot displays becomes really strange.